Joniak Article with some interesting tidbits

DABEARSDABOMB

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/11/12/jon...from-sidelines/

More of the same on White (which is a good thing in terms of how many people are complementing his overall make-up, etc). I actually found the part on one of our practice squaders, Thompson, more interesting. Would seem like he's a potential candidate to take on a greater role from a special teams perspective (as he continues to heal from his own injury which led to him being cut from the Bills).

There’s nothing easy for a veteran who already owns a Super Bowlring to start a season on the practice squad. Just ask wide receiver Deonte Thompson, who spent the last seven weeks on the Bears practice squad after being waived off Buffalo’s injured reserve list with a foot injury in early September.

“It was a tough and humbling at the same time,” Thompson said. “It’s hard. I’m not going to lie. It’s not easy at all. You just have to come here every day and just find something to get better at.”

Undrafted out of University of Florida in 2012, Thompson invested the bulk of his first three seasons in Baltimore, where the Ravens won the title in his rookie season. He played six games. Coming out of Florida, he timed in the 4.25-4.33 range in his 40-yard dash.

Thompson can move. He also has kick return ability. He’s bursting with confidence when asked what he thinks he can bring to the Bears’ offense.

“Big play,” Thompson said. “A lot of big plays coming, so be ready because I have a knack for big plays.”

Thompson’s longest catches have been 33 and 25 yards for the Ravens, and he’s yet to score an NFL touchdown, but he’s had 49- and 47-yard kickoff returns in which his speed is an asset.

I’ll have more on Thompson’s road to the Bears on Sunday from St. Louis in WBBM’s “Countdown To Kickoff” in the audio version of Joniak’s Journal, airing in the second hour of the pregame show.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/11/12/jon...from-sidelines/

More of the same on White (which is a good thing in terms of how many people are complementing his overall make-up, etc). I actually found the part on one of our practice squaders, Thompson, more interesting. Would seem like he's a potential candidate to take on a greater role from a special teams perspective (as he continues to heal from his own injury which led to him being cut from the Bills).

Love reading that about White. He impressed me with the few interviews he has done since being drafted. I cant recall another draft pick that I am this excited to see play. The guy has everything you want in a WR, not saying he is going to be a Dez Bryant type of WR but he has the physical skills to be that good.

You see how much better our offense is with Alshon playing. If White is a beast this offense could be insane. For the guys that get butt hurt when talking about White, Im saying "IF" he is a beast not that he will be a beast.