Jayron Kearse

50england50

What are your thoughts on Kearse. I have looked at him on You Tube and feel he is an athletic with good size who seemed to play better in 2014 than 2015 but may have been holding something back because he wanted to enter the NFL without an injury.

His uncle is Javon Kearse and his cousin is Philip Buchanon so the pedigree is there.

My only concern is although he gets into a good position he doesn't finish plays i.e. if the running back gets to the line of scrimmage and he is in the box he doesn't drive into the back to make a big play, he looks like he is holding back wanting to make sure the back doesn't break a big one but I suppose being a safety is you have to make sure that a player doesn't get past you.

I think everyone here liked him, but the more I watch the more underwhelmed I am. He's got great size but he sure doesn't play up to it. I've seen some say that he doesn't have the athletic ability to play S and will have to put on weight to play LB

I have seen that to about becoming a hybrid LB.