Now that the draft is over...

jason

You obviously can't predict other trades, or anything like that. All you can do is pick where the Bears picked.

Here's how I would have done it:

1) Laremy Tunsil, LT, Ole Miss - Huge steal here. He was supposed to be top 3, and before all the trade craziness he was probably #1. I think 75% of Bears fans thought he was the pick when the Bears traded up to #9.

2) Vonn Bell, FS, Ohio St - A safety with great coverage ability. Fits what the FO wants to do.

3) Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida - Value is too good here. Great pick.

4) Andrew Billings, NT, Baylor - He's a monster. Should have gone earlier. Provides depth & competition for Goldman.

4) Dak Prescott, QB, Miss. St. - Can't believe we didn't get a QB.

4) Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU - 1st-2nd round talent. If he stays clean, this is a huge steal.

5) Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana - Great complement to Langford. I didn't even want a RB and I like this pick.

6) Dadi Nicholas, OLB, Va Tech - He's got explosive pass-rush ability and potential at 34OLB.

7) Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona - Even if he's just a 2-down player, he was the single best defensive player in 2014. That's way better than 7th round talent.

My draft lacks the slot-WR, but it's possible Braverman would have been available UDFA. Otherwise, the same positions are there, with the exception of OT/OG reversal, and I believe Tunsil is a WAY better prospect than Whitehair (even though Whitehair is good).

How would you have done it?

You obviously can't predict other trades, or anything like that. All you can do is pick where the Bears picked.

Here's how I would have done it:

1) Laremy Tunsil, LT, Ole Miss - Huge steal here. He was supposed to be top 3, and before all the trade craziness he was probably #1. I think 75% of Bears fans thought he was the pick when the Bears traded up to #9.

2) Vonn Bell, FS, Ohio St - A safety with great coverage ability. Fits what the FO wants to do.

3) Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida - Value is too good here. Great pick.

4) Andrew Billings, NT, Baylor - He's a monster. Should have gone earlier. Provides depth & competition for Goldman.

4) Dak Prescott, QB, Miss. St. - Can't believe we didn't get a QB.

4) Rashard Robinson, CB, LSU - 1st-2nd round talent. If he stays clean, this is a huge steal.

5) Jordan Howard, RB, Indiana - Great complement to Langford. I didn't even want a RB and I like this pick.

6) Dadi Nicholas, OLB, Va Tech - He's got explosive pass-rush ability and potential at 34OLB.

7) Scooby Wright, ILB, Arizona - Even if he's just a 2-down player, he was the single best defensive player in 2014. That's way better than 7th round talent.

My draft lacks the slot-WR, but it's possible Braverman would have been available UDFA. Otherwise, the same positions are there, with the exception of OT/OG reversal, and I believe Tunsil is a WAY better prospect than Whitehair (even though Whitehair is good).

How would you have done it?

I would like that draft better, but unfortunately you werent in the draft room.

I think I can be objective about this:

1) Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss - Same reasons as you.

2) Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida - I would have pulled the trigger on him in the 2nd.

3) Kyler Fackrell, LB, Utah State - I get the edge rusher two rounds late, albeit without the same physical tools.

4) Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina - I've liked him throughout the process and would have taken him here.

4) Dak Prescott, QB, Miss St. - Another guy I liked throughout the process.

4) Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina - I know he went much later, but I would have taken him here.

5) Alex Collins, RB, Arkansas - I know Howard was generally rated better, but I think I like Collins a little more.

6) Harlen Miller, CB, Southeast Louisiana - I get my small school Tillman clone a bit later.

7) Jalen Mills, S, LSU - Hard to believe I would wait until the 7th to get a safety, but the ones I liked went earlier than I thought they would and I would have been pretty happy to find Mills here.