Bears said to be interested in Mike Glennon

scs787

I really hope you're right. I can't stand the idea of Glennon. Especially if he's going to ask for upwards of $10M per year. No freaking way. That dude didn't beat out Josh McCown. $10M per year?! GTFO.

Oh yes. This guy was playing with Lovie the QB killer?! No. Ask Cutler to stay for 12. No,No! Draft a qb after S and CB. D wins games

The Bears are the most tight lipped group other than NE in the league. Anything you hear are writers throwing there opinions around like its new secrets. Lets wait and see what's up next week.

I don't know if that's true. The Bears media usually has an idea of what's transpiring. In the past two years they predicted the Black Unicorn and BM would both be gone. They've predicted Cutler would be gone and I believe them. I believe we would rather over-pay Glennon than have Cutler return.

The thing is--free agency is fluid. We may be in on a ton of guys we have no shot at.

I don't know if that's true. The Bears media usually has an idea of what's transpiring. In the past two years they predicted the Black Unicorn and BM would both be gone. They've predicted Cutler would be gone and I believe them. I believe we would rather over-pay Glennon than have Cutler return.

The thing is--free agency is fluid. We may be in on a ton of guys we have no shot at.

With the leak that the Bears want Brian Hoyer back, I do not see Glennon in the mix unless Hoyer wants to go elsewhere. I still see them going Hoyer, rookie, Shaw, but that is my guess.

Heard on the score this morning on the way to work that the Bears are very interested in him and that he had mentioned Chicago is where he wanted to go. Not sure what to make of that or if it is true, and whether this is a good thing.

As long as we still draft a QB in the 2nd round, I'm okay with it. Double down on QB. We obviously can't give Glennon stupid money though.

As long as we still draft a QB in the 2nd round, I'm okay with it. Double down on QB. We obviously can't give Glennon stupid money though.

I don't want to give Glennon stupid money either but if it comes with almost no guaranteed money that we can walk away from in a year then I'm ok with it. Almost all QBs get stupid money anyway so I just have to put blinders on when I see the bill. I'd pay more for that flexibility. If he is performing well then we certainly will keep him around so he has incentives as well.

I don't want to give Glennon stupid money either but if it comes with almost no guaranteed money that we can walk away from in a year then I'm ok with it. Almost all QBs get stupid money anyway so I just have to put blinders on when I see the bill. I'd pay more for that flexibility. If he is performing well then we certainly will keep him around so he has incentives as well.

Agreed...the key will be the "guaranteed" money in the deal. If he gets an average of $15M per year but we guarantee / front load a portion, I'm okay with it, as it gives the team flexibility in the latter years. What we can't have is that the deal is more backloaded and 3 years from now or even 2 years from now we are saying, we can't cut him because the cap hit is some absurd number (and if he ends up being great, well ensure the deal is structured for the right incentives / be prepared to rip up the deal and give him more at that point in time). We need to be very careful.

It isn't like Pace or anyone knows what QB they will get. For all we know they have someone @ 3 they want, but have no idea whether he is there and they can't plan around that and just ignore the QB position (they'd have more flexibility if the Cutler relationship didn't completely vanish because reality says the best strategy might actually be to draft a guy and stick with Jay...I just don't think the fan base can handle it and I think reality is, everyone knows it is time for Jay's era to end in Chicago). On a pure football basis, I'd probably say the cheapest move is keep Jay around cause he's easy to move on from if you find the right QB.