Is WR now a position of potential strength?

jason

So you're saying you can be a star just because of the talent around you? I mean, you still have to run routes against an NFL cornerback.

Who are these experts? I haven't heard anyone talk about my boy Cam. Just wait and see, I predict 1000 yards for Mr. Meredith.

I'm not THAT high on Wright, but there has got to be some talent there to put up 1000 yards even once.

1. There are always guys who put up huge numbers because they play opposite somebody great. Then some team gives them a big-time contract and they are bad--cause they weren't playing opposite a good WR. Yes, you still have to run routes, but that's one helluva a lot easier when the other team is game-planning to stop Bryant and Bell.

2. Pretty much all the SCORE guys will tells you Cam's ceiling is a #2 WR. He migh get 1000 yards but he'll never strike fear to the opponent.

3. Wright may be good in the right system with the right scheme and with lots of talent around him. I don't see that with this offense.

1. There are always guys who put up huge numbers because they play opposite somebody great. Then some team gives them a big-time contract and they are bad--cause they weren't playing opposite a good WR. Yes, you still have to run routes, but that's one helluva a lot easier when the other team is game-planning to stop Bryant and Bell.

2. Pretty much all the SCORE guys will tells you Cam's ceiling is a #2 WR. He migh get 1000 yards but he'll never strike fear to the opponent.

3. Wright may be good in the right system with the right scheme and with lots of talent around him. I don't see that with this offense.

1. Like who?

2. I don't care if he "Strikes fear in the opponent " if he has 1000 yards, its a successful season. There were 25 players who got 1000 yards last year.....also the guys on the score aren't "Experts."

3. Maybe not. Personally I hope he doesn't get a shot just because I think Cam, White, and Wheaton are all better players who I hope all stay healthy so we don't really see Wright that much. On a team that will primarily run the ball, I don't see many 4 WR sets.

I'm certainly not saying this is the greatest show on turf or anything, I'm just saying they have the potential to be a solid group.

To summarize our top 5 WR's:

Kevin White: Still here. Still hurt. Still unproven.

We replace Alshon with Merideth: that's a downgrade

Wheaton replaces Royal: Royal has had better seasons. Both deep threats. Both injured.

Wright replaces Mariani: both former TN WR's who ain't done much in a long time

Bellamy: Please keep him on special teams. No passes. Not even hands team.

I expect Randle to get cut. I expect Braverman to play only when we are desperate.

With Patterson, I should have added I was mainly excited about his return ability but he does add much needed depth to a real bad group. At least with Alshon, we had a legit #1. With this group--I don't know if we have a legit #2.

C'mon dude. That's completely biased. On two of the comparisons.

-Royal was never really a deep threat despite being fast. He can use his speed to turn a small play into a big play, but he's not normally the guy who gets it deep. Wheaton, however, is a bonafide deep threat. That's one of his best routes.

-Wright and Mariani? Get outta here with that BS. That's a ridiculous comparison. Mariani is a guy who has scraped to stay in the league, and has never put up receiving stats that made anyone think he was anything other than an emergency backup. Wright has talent that got him drafted early, and he put up serious stats.