McPhee on PUP list

BearFan2000

Truth be told that you won't get from Pace or Fox( who both think they are secret agents), according to reports on ESPN 1000 its the other knee! Those two sat there in the presser and Pace who did most of the talking said "I don't believe anyone is starting on PUP list this year." Come on its July and they lie about overall health on day one? Fans if you ever meet these two and shake hands with them count your fingers and if you take a selfie do it yourself because they may take your phone.

Truth be told that you won't get from Pace or Fox( who both think they are secret agents), according to reports on ESPN 1000 its the other knee! Those two sat there in the presser and Pace who did most of the talking said "I don't believe anyone is starting on PUP list this year." Come on its July and they lie about overall health on day one? Fans if you ever meet these two and shake hands with them count your fingers and if you take a selfie do it yourself because they may take your phone.

"On the sideline: Fox told reporters Thursday that outside linebacker Pernell McPhee was placed on the physically unable to perform list late Wednesday night because a “little irregularity” was discovered in his right knee during a team physical. McPhee missed the first six games last season while recovering from surgery on his left knee.

“He truly is day-to-day,” Fox said. “They’re still evaluating that and we’ll keep you posted as that moves forward. I don’t want to be too negative or positive with the idea that we don’t really know yet.”

From an article On Kevin White that included updates on Kyle Long, and McPhee.

They discovered the issue Wed likely after the presser. It seems like a bang bang deal where possibly after the presser they found out from the physicals that there was an issue with his knee. That said Bears staff hasn't always been transparent concerning player injuries/recovery progress in the past. This could have been optimism in the presser only to find out later that McPhee would have to be put on the PUP List.

Either way, it's disappointing that for the second season McPhee has had to start camp on the list. Even worse for him and the team that it's the other knee. It sucks but it is what it is.

They discovered the issue Wed likely after the presser. It seems like a bang bang deal where possibly after the presser they found out from the physicals that there was an issue with his knee. That said Bears staff hasn't always been transparent concerning player injuries/recovery progress in the past. This could have been optimism in the presser only to find out later that McPhee would have to be put on the PUP List.

Either way, it's disappointing that for the second season McPhee has had to start camp on the list. Even worse for him and the team that it's the other knee. It sucks but it is what it is.

I agree, I do not think they knew of this prior to the presser.

I also suspect, knowing that "Health" is the key issue with this team after the disastrous 2016 season, that they are doing this as a sort of "preseason red-shirt", keeping him sidelined and making sure he is healthy going into the season.

I am guessing he will be in the starting lineup on opening day.