TalkBears FFB League #2

Pixote

OK, let's see if we can get a 12 team league set for a free, redraft league. I have set up some initial settings with Yahoo Sports to get things rolling but these settings can obviously be changed if we can get enough members of the forum interested. I had to start somewhere so here is what is initially set:

Live draft Sunday September 3 at 3:00 PM CDT (The weekend between the end of preseason and the start of week 1)

20 Man Roster, 10 active, 10 bench

QB, -- WR -- WR -- RB -- RB -- TE -- WR/RB/TE -- WR/RB/TE -- K -- TEAM DEF/ST -- 10 Bench

The 2 WR/RB/TE roster slots are Flex positions.

12 Teams set in 3 divisions of 4 teams, winner of each division plus the next 3 top finishers for a 6 team playoff weeks 14, 15 & 16

---------------------

I am obviously interested so do we have 11 more wanting to play? Let me know here in this thread and then email me at

j.w.sheridan@comcast.net and I will send you an invite to the league.

Thanks

I'm in.

Should be a good fun challenge. Most leagues I've plaid in have been 10 team PPR with 15 man roster 9 starters 6 bench one flex spot on NFL.com. Is the scoring PPR or Standard?

Email sent

Thanks for joining! I just sent you the link to sign up with.

I do have it set for 1 point per reception. Here is the scoring values I have it set up for.

Any of this can be changed prior to the season starting.

Offense

Passing Yards 25 yards = 1 point

Passing Touchdowns 6 points

Interceptions -2 point

Rushing Yards 10 yards = 1 point

Rushing Touchdowns

Receptions 1 point

Receiving Yards 10 yards = 1 point

Receiving Touchdowns 6 points

Return Touchdowns 6 points

2-Point Conversions 2 points

Fumbles Lost -2 points

Offensive Fumble Return TD 6 points

Kickers

Field Goals 0-19 Yards 3 points

Field Goals 20-29 Yards 3 points

Field Goals 30-39 Yards 3 points

Field Goals 40-49 Yards 4 points

Field Goals 50+ Yards 5 points

Point After Attempt Made 1 point

Defense/Special Teams

Sack 2 points

Interception 2 points

Fumble Recovery 2 points

Touchdown 6 points

Safety 2 points

Block Kick 2 points

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6 points

Points Allowed 0 points 10 points

Points Allowed 1-6 points 7 points

Points Allowed 7-13 points 4 points

Points Allowed 14-20 points 1 points

Points Allowed 21-27 points 0 points

Points Allowed 28-34 points -1 point

Points Allowed 35+ points -4 points

Extra Point Returned 2 points

I am available. I just sent you a PM with my info... Even though I'm in a few other leagues, I can make the time for one more!

OK, let's see if we can get a 12 team league set for a free, redraft league. I have set up some initial settings with Yahoo Sports to get things rolling but these settings can obviously be changed if we can get enough members of the forum interested. I had to start somewhere so here is what is initially set:

Live draft Sunday September 3 at 3:00 PM CDT (The weekend between the end of preseason and the start of week 1)

20 Man Roster, 10 active, 10 bench

QB, -- WR -- WR -- RB -- RB -- TE -- WR/RB/TE -- WR/RB/TE -- K -- TEAM DEF/ST -- 10 Bench

The 2 WR/RB/TE roster slots are Flex positions.

12 Teams set in 3 divisions of 4 teams, winner of each division plus the next 3 top finishers for a 6 team playoff weeks 14, 15 & 16

---------------------

I am obviously interested so do we have 11 more wanting to play? Let me know here in this thread and then email me at

j.w.sheridan@comcast.net and I will send you an invite to the league.

Thanks

As of this morning, 8/17, we only have 5 teams committed to play this year.

We obviously need more interest or I will have to close shop.

The five team captains so far are Adam, TD, BearFan2000, Madlithuainian, and Pixote.

Anything less than 10 teams sucks big time IMO, 12 teams would be ideal.

Can we make at least a 10 team league? Anyone interested?

With the number of great Bear Fans we have on this forum I have to believe we can muster up a league.

The five team captains so far are Adam, TD, BearFan2000, Madlithuainian, and Pixote.

With the number of great Bear Fans we have on this forum I have to believe we can muster up a league.

I will let you know before the game starts on Sat

I will give it a shot, just sent you an email

I will give it a shot, just sent you an email

Thanks, sent you the link to sign up. Let us know if you have any questions.

we now have six team captains (Adam, TD, BearFan2000, Madlithuainian, Uncle Buck and Pixote.

Making some progress.

I sent you an email several days ago and am awaiting my invitation.

Not sure what happened. I just sent you a link to join via the forum's PM system.

Let me know if you do not receive the link / PM.

Or send me another email at j.w.sheridan@comcast.net and I will send the link again.

Thanks for joining!

I sent you an email several days ago and am awaiting my invitation.

Just found your email in one of my spam folders.

Strange, I cannot see why it would have been identified as spam.

Sorry for the delay but I sent the link again to you, this time in response to the email.

We now have eight team captains (Adam, TD, BearFan2000, Madlithuainian, Uncle Buck, killakrzydav, bowlingtwig and Pixote).

Time is getting short, although I would have loved to have seen a 12 team league form, a 10 team league can still be a lot of fun. I have, for now, changed the league settings to a 10 team format and need 2 more teams to sign up ASAP, preferably before Sunday, August 27th (live draft is one week after that on Sunday, September 3rd at 3 PM CDT)

We now have eight team captains (Adam, TD, BearFan2000, Madlithuainian, Uncle Buck, killakrzydav, bowlingtwig and Pixote).

Anyone else interested in joining? Let me know in this thread and then email me at

j.w.sheridan@comcast.net

and I will then send you a link that will allow you to join. Thanks!

Got it! Thanks!

My lean is if we can't get to 10, it's not worth doing. I've been in leagues of 8, and every team is just too stacked with talent. But, if everyone still wants to go ahead with 8, I'm ok with that.

I just sent an email through the Yahoo League to Adam, TD, BearFan2000, Madlithuainian, Uncle Buck, killakrzydav and bowlingtwig. Just a heads up so that you know it isn't Yahoo Junk mail, LOL.

I reached out to a buddy of mine. He said he is going to check his schedule and get back to me. He's in 5 already

Thanks!

Hopefully he will decide he would enjoy and have time for one more league.

I remember well when I first started FF I would be in 6 to 10 leagues every year, then it just got to where I was not enjoying it as much (started getting burned out, LOL) so I cut back to 2 or 3.

I really enjoy the Pick'em Pools I am in, the one I mentioned on the forum. I have never won any of the big money pots but usually break even or a bit better. The variety and number of different sub pools makes it all the better.

So between FF, the Pick'em Pools, and watching a dozen or more games each week along with the NFL Network daily coverage I find that from September through February I am thoroughly entertained.

Then I am bored to death the following 6 months. LOL

I have, unfortunately, decided to delete the Bearstalk FF League #2 because of the lack of interest.

With only a week left before the draft there were only 8 teams signed up. When I asked for opinions about playing an 8 team league, something I myself was not too enthused about, only 2 team captains said they would accept that format, another said he would prefer not to but would for the sake of the league.

I appreciate all of you joining the league and apologize for not being able to finalize the league.