Coaching Change Grades

adam

I think it is way to early to "grade" the coaching changes, but I get a kick out of people loving the Gruden move. The dude hasn't coached in years and inherited two pretty good teams between OAK and TB when he did coach. I like the story for him going back to OAK, but besides that, I think he will be average in Oakland. For the others, I am ok with Nagy and a B-, young coordinator, etc, etc, but with him grading Reich and Shurmur higher than Nagy seems that he made the grades more about coaching experience than anything else.

Chicago Bears: Matt Nagy

Nagy also has just one season as an offensive coordinator. He does have things in common with the two most successful recent coaching hires. He comes from the noted Andy Reid coaching tree and had a short stint as Chiefs offensive coordinator, like Pederson. He is fairly young (39 years old) and brought creative wrinkles to the Chiefs offense, so in those ways he fits the McVay mold. His hire of former Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich as offensive coordinator showed that Nagy will bring new ideas to the job.

Nagy is still pretty raw, in terms of experience, so he’s a mystery too. But the track record of Reid’s assistants gives him a little bit of a bump. Grade: B-minus

Arizona Cardinals: Steve Wilks

Grade: C

Detroit Lions: Matt Patricia

Indianapolis Colts: Frank Reich

Grade: B

New York Giants: Pat Shurmur

Grade: B

Oakland Raiders: Jon Gruden

Grade: A

Tennessee Titans: Mike Vrabel

Grade: C-minus

https://sports.yahoo.com/grading-seven-nfl-...-161240625.html

I think it is way to early to "grade" the coaching changes, but I get a kick out of people loving the Gruden move. The dude hasn't coached in years and inherited two pretty good teams between OAK and TB when he did coach. I like the story for him going back to OAK, but besides that, I think he will be average in Oakland. For the others, I am ok with Nagy and a B-, young coordinator, etc, etc, but with him grading Reich and Shurmur higher than Nagy seems that he made the grades more about coaching experience than anything else.

https://sports.yahoo.com/grading-seven-nfl-...-161240625.html

I always find stuff like this absolutely hilarious. Just curious how in the world do you grade some based on what amounts to nothing. No one has played a single game. Hell the 2018 off season hasn't even begun

I always find stuff like this absolutely hilarious. Just curious how in the world do you grade some based on what amounts to nothing. No one has played a single game. Hell the 2018 off season hasn't even begun

agreed, The Bears may have just hired the worst HC of all time. I doubt it but they could have just hired the next HOF HC..... If he can turn Tru into a Franchise QB he will be all right. Im excited, I liked his interviews so far. My excitement level is curbed, after the Cutler failure, Treastman and Fox (he didnt have much of a chance) failure I wont allow myself to get that excited.

That's the one that makes me snicker the most. Dude just got torched in the Super Bowl, and if that weren't bad enough, they were 29th in yards, 30th in passing yards, 31st in rush Y/A, and bottom half of the league in a few other areas.

That's a D or F hire if I've ever seen one. In fact, it's hard to understand why he got the offer. The only overall good year he's had was 2016.

That's the one that makes me snicker the most. Dude just got torched in the Super Bowl, and if that weren't bad enough, they were 29th in yards, 30th in passing yards, 31st in rush Y/A, and bottom half of the league in a few other areas.

That's a D or F hire if I've ever seen one. In fact, it's hard to understand why he got the offer. The only overall good year he's had was 2016.

It's clear that they only looked at 1 statistic to make there case which is beyond horrible to do. Because there is no 1 catch all stat to determine things in any sport. These probably only looked at points per game allowed. That was the ultimate bend but don't break defense. They would give up 400+ yards but only allow 13 lol. Once again you can't possibly make a good conclusion on these hires until the season actually starts. But in today's 24/7/365 news cycle the members of the media will invent anything to talk about. Hell I saw 1 report that's already determined that we will pick #1 overall in 2019. Please tell me how they can determine something like that when the 2018 off-season hasn't even started

I guess this is another trend, now Adam Schein ranking the hires:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000091...ricia-top-board

He puts Gruden first (shocker), Patricia 2nd - LMAO, then Reich, Wilks, then Nagy (5th).

I am sorry but OAK, DET, and IND are not going to be better than the Bears.

Short term as in 2018 season any reasonable thinking would have oak and Det ahead of us an Indy all depends on what transpires with luck. If he does need another surgery like I've heard then no they will suck once again. If he's healthy it's possible they finish ahead of us as well. But it's literally impossible to grade that when we still have FA and the draft ahead of us.