Josh Sitton

bradjock

I’m loving everything we’ve done in adding offensive weapons to help out Trubisky. The one thing I can’t understand was letting go of Josh Sitton. I got it at the time assuming that we would sign someone young and more athletic. Since then all we’ve done is resign Bradley Sowell—who is a back-up swing tackle. It also looks like Quenton Nelson will be long gone by the time we pick at #8.

Dumping Sitton, we now have a gaping hole at o-line. At best, Bobbie Massie and Charles Leno are average. We plan on using Trubisky out of the shot gun a lot more. Can Cody Whitehair consistently release a shot gun snap on target? Will Kyle Long play more than 8 games? With Grasu’s limited size and knee problems, he’s more likely to be out of the league than being a productive lineman.

Had we kept Josh Sitton, on paper we have an average offensive line an we’d need to draft some guys for an infusion of youth. As it is, we have a bad offensive line and I don’t see how it gets much better by the start of the season. Assuming Nelson is gone at 8, there is no o-lineman worthy of the 8th pick. Is the plan to take a guy in the 2nd round and make him a starter? I just really don’t understand what we’re doing.

There's going to be someone coming in via FA to shore up the depth chart but I sense they like Morgan far more than we know. What else can it be? Kush is coming off a serious injury and while he's looking good working out I still like him best as a depth player. That's not to say Morgan is being penciled in as the starter but they might think he can compete with a tier 2 FA OG for the job. That's the market we're sitting in right now in FA. Best man wins and the other is a backup.

https://twitter.com/EricKush64

I like Nelson but I'm still not as sold on him being the right pick for us at #8.

I would love Nelson, but I would be stunned if he is there at 8. I think the Bears like Morgan a lot and we'll probably see them grab a guard / center in the 3rd round and maybe another round too. I have a feeling we see Bears go defense with the 1st 2 picks in the draft (unless Nelson is there).

we have 2 picks in the 4th, but no 3rd rounder.