#1 Frustration Last Week

AZ54

Why were we putting Mack in coverage so often and leaving our first round pick on the bench?  Put all the player mistakes aside this is one strategic decision by Fangio that I still can't figure out.  If you want to drop 8 in coverage put the best 8 coverage guys on the field especially when Mack has a bum ankle.    

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Why were we putting Mack in coverage so often and leaving our first round pick on the bench?  Put all the player mistakes aside this is one strategic decision by Fangio that I still can't figure out.  If you want to drop 8 in coverage put the best 8 coverage guys on the field especially when Mack has a bum ankle.    

I think they said we blitzed like 3 times last week (and on 2 of those 3 plays...we had a pick and a sack...not sure what happened on the other play). I said it before and I'll say it again, Fangio has done a lousy job with this D. It literally looks like he thought he could sit back in a rocking chair and let the players just play, without doing anything on the coaching side to tilt the advantage in our favor.  

I have been extremely dissapointed in how vanilla we have played. I don't even see us trying to do creative disguises. I recognize Brady is a seasoned pro, but we didn't do much more when we played Miami either.