TalkBears Keeper FFB Playoffs

adam

Barring any last-minute stat updates, Nopper gets the win of the year, after losing 10 straight, they come out and beat PapaBear by the smallest margin of victory that I can remember in our league, eeking out a 0.02 pt victory over PapaBear 149.68 to 149.66 as Chris Carson loses a yard rushing in the last few seconds of garbage time vs Minnesota on MNF. If he doesn't lose the yard, PapaBear wins and is the #5 seed. SuperBearsSuperBowl beats MadLith, knocking him out of the playoff picture and jumping up to the #5 Seed. Seeds 1-4 were unchanged by the games this week.

Week 14                               Week 15                     Week 16 (Championship)

1 --- Run Dem Pockets 10-3 ------------
                                                              |
                                                              |
                                                              | --------------------------
4 --- Cali Bears 7-6 ----------                  |                              |
                                            |                 |                               |
                                            | --------------                                |
                                            |                                                 |
5 --- SuperBearsSB 7-6 ----                                                 |

| ---------------------------------- (1st Place)

3 --- Pepe 8-5 ------------------                                                  |
                                            |                                                 |
                                            | --------------                                |
                                            |                 |                               |
6 --- PapaBear 6-7 -----------                 |                               |
                                                              | ---------------------------
                                                              |
                                                              |                                  
2 --- Domination Inc 10-3 ----------------

The Consolation Bracket (starts Week 15)
The Winners play for 7th place and losers play for 9th:

7 - The Mad Lithuanians 6-7 ---
                                                      | ------------------------------
10 - Nopper 2-12 ---------------------                                  |
                                                                                         | --------------------------------- (7th Place)
8 - El Dragon 5-8 ----------------------                                  |
                                                      | ------------------------------
9 - The Bunny 4-9---------------------

PapaBear chose a great week to score 200pts and looks like the first lock to advance to the next round of the playoffs against Pepe. The other game is close and will come down to Golden Tate vs PHI defense. Cali Bears needs Tate to score 5 more pts than the PHI defense to win this week. It will be decided on MNF.

Onto Round 2, after wins by SBSB and PB:

1-Run Dem Pockets 10-3 ---
                                                |
                                                |--------------
                                                | 
5-SuperBearsSB 7-6 -------

6-PapaBear 6-7 ---------       
                                             | 
                                             |-----------------
                                             |     
2-Domination Inc 10-3 --

9 hours ago, 'TD' said:

Well me and Pepe our out, I sure picked the wrong person to play this past week. Just paid up my dues, good luck to the rest of you

You needed 110 to win, a close game, with a bunch of players underperforming based on their projections.

On 12/11/2019 at 6:10 PM, adam said:

You needed 110 to win, a close game, with a bunch of players underperforming based on their projections.

I scored 155 and lost to the 208 team. 

I know it was confusing how I said it, I said me

and Pepe, so people would know which team was mine

2 hours ago, 'TD' said:

I scored 155 and lost to the 208 team. 

I know it was confusing how I said it, I said me

and Pepe, so people would know which team was mine

Lol sorry was looking at the bracket and the team names. Yeah, hard to beat 200+ pts in the playoffs. You would hope 150 is enough to win.

So the Semifinal round will come down to MNF for both games:

In the first game, both teams are projected to have 164 pts (at times within a tenth of a point) with Run Dem Pockets having Jack Doyle to play on Monday. SBSB has the New Orleans defense on MNF and has the remainder of the SNF game to get some pts from James Conner. 

In the second game, Dom Inc has build a decent lead (thanks to Julio Jones), but PapaBear has the Pittsburgh defense on SNF, then Thomas and Cook on MNF. This one will end up a lot closer than the current projection. 

With another exciting week of fantasy football complete, we are now down to one more week of Fantasy Football in 2019. In the first game, SuperBearsSuperBowl! (5) defeated Run dem pockets (1) 161.28 to 158.44 to send SBSB to their 3rd straight championship game and into a rematch of the 2018 championship game. In the other game, Domination Inc (2) beat PapaBear (6) 199.70 to 171.10, to advance to the championship game and earn a rematch against SuperBearsSuperBowl!. Interestingly enough, the Domination Inc vs. PapaBear semifinal game was also a rematch from last year. 

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

2 - Domination Inc 10-3 ---------------
                                                           |
                                                           |-------------- 1st Place
                                                           | 
5 - SuperBearsSuperBowl! 7-6 -----

3RD PLACE GAME

1 - Run dem pockets  10-3 -------
                                                        |
                                                        |------- 3rd Place (last money spot)
                                                        | 
6 - PapaBear 6-7 ----------------------

Congrats to Brad on winning his 3rd straight championship and 2nd against me. I had him against the ropes, then Thielen decided to not show up on MNF with 0.2 pts, killing any chance I had at a win. So the draft order is set for next year with Nopper on the clock with the #1 pick. 

Thanks again to commish and to the rest of the GM's for another great FFB season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats again to Brad, thanks to the Commish (Ary) and to all the other GM's for another successful TB Keeper's League season (our 10th).

I don't know if Kam wants to know this, but his 0.02 loss in Week 13 (which slid him down to #6 seed) literally cost him the championship. With a win there, he would've been in the 4/5 Seed game, then based off the results for the remainder of the playoffs, would've won all his playoff matchups.

The opposite goes for Brad, if he finished #2, #3 or #6 in the regular season, he doesn't win the championship.