10 tight ends

Bill

3 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Am I the only one not entirely ready to give up on Shaheen?  I don't exactly expect him to be anything at this point, but if you are looking at what they can be at their best and deciding between, say, Braunecker and Shaheen, whose cap hits are about the same after June 1, I'd like to see Shaheen given one more shot.  Maybe he's more of a U TE and can be the back-up (and maybe learn from) Graham.  Maybe he gets one more chance to stay healthy.  Maybe he sucks and we cut him later anyway.  But the Bears don't need the $1.8 million the would gain by cutting him at the moment.  I know Braunecker has some ST value, but so do a lot of guys on this team. 

That's why I put him on the bubble. The biggest issue is going to be ST, as the backup TEs, especially 3 and 4 have to play ST. So if Graham and Kmet are not, then TE3 and TE4 have to. There's just not enough non-starters to field an ST unit without these guys.

4 hours ago, adam said:

That's why I put him on the bubble. The biggest issue is going to be ST, as the backup TEs, especially 3 and 4 have to play ST. So if Graham and Kmet are not, then TE3 and TE4 have to. There's just not enough non-starters to field an ST unit without these guys.

Like Trubisky, Shaheen has to prove himself.  Not just show a glimpse of hope, but take the reins. It would great if he did, I always root for our own.