?

ChileBear

1 hour ago, ChileBear said:

Are we asleep? One of our icons, BRIAN, opens his mouth and spews garbage, and there is no comment here? Is this the Bears board or do I need to be looking for a new source to link with my Bear fans?

You are always welcome to start a post, as you did.  

I met Urlacher his rookie year at Platteville and talked to him for about a minute as he signed autographs for a bunch of kids. Seemed like a decent guy. Loved him as a Bear and am extremely happy he is in the HOF. However, I completely disagree with his current statements on social media. He is a human and he is entitled to his beliefs but that doesn't mean he's not not going to be criticized. I think he should be most worried about how the majority of his teammates feel about what he is saying. 

Peace

Yeah that was an ignorant comment. In no way was playing thru the death of a loved one the same as players united to boycott playing over another police shooting. The Bears were quick to alienate him, which was good to see: "The social media posts in no way reflect the values or opinions of the Chicago Bears organization.”

Matt Forte had a very well written response to Urlacher's comment.

On 8/30/2020 at 9:53 AM, adam said:

Yeah that was an ignorant comment. In no way was playing thru the death of a loved one the same as players united to boycott playing over another police shooting. The Bears were quick to alienate him, which was good to see: "The social media posts in no way reflect the values or opinions of the Chicago Bears organization.”

Matt Forte had a very well written response to Urlacher's comment.

Agreed. Forte's response was fantastic. 

Peace