Who you got?

Uncle Buck

So, as I start cooking our goodies for the game today wondering who everyone is pulling for ? I’m rooting for the Chiefs, I really like Mahomes and can’t wait to witness what his future holds. I’m obviously jealous of all these teams with such talent at QB. Hope you all enjoy the game, I know I will.

theyre both so good, this is a great matchup - best in a while. Historical implications of this one. I'm rooting for both of them. I guess some time in the 4th quarter I'll find out which I like better, but right now, I really don't know. Tom Brady is amazing, but if Mahomes takes it and makes a run, that'll be amazing to see too.

It sucks that it had to be Brady winning another one, but outside of two long crazy incompletion throws, Mahomes looked terrible behind a bad O-Line. Very interesting to see him be given every excuse in the book to justify the loss. Patchwork O-Line, Receivers dropping passes, no running game, leaky defense. Man, all those sound very familiar. It's almost like if you don't have those (like TB did), you will only get so far. That was Mahomes worst game of his career, on the biggest stage. 

Also, I think TB found the blueprint for success against KC, and it will be interesting to see what type of team KC can roll out in the next two years when Mahomes gets his 5th-year pay bump in 2021 and then his new contract cap number in 2022. They will need to lose one of Frank Clark, Chris Jones, or Mathieu on defense at a minimum and will lose another one in 2022, if not more.

Another thing to consider is Kelce is 32 (same as Gronk), so how many peak years will he have left in the tank?

KC is always going to be in the playoff hunt with Mahomes, but with teams like Buffalo and Cleveland getting better, with younger rosters, it is not going to be easy for KC to get back to the SB. Look at Seattle, back to back SB's in Wilson's rookie contract, and have not advanced past the Divisional Round since. 

Right now Mahomes only SB victory is against Jimmy Garappolo. 

12 hours ago, McGowan said:

Tonight we got to see what Mahomes would look like playing for the Bears. 

And that is why it won't matter who's behind center if we never fix the OL.  No consistent run game, no time to throw, etc.  Mahomes was running for his life most of the night, they could never get the run game going. They became one dimensional and Tampa could just tee off.  Could have had more picks as several times while running for his life he just wings it somewhere hoping something good happens.   It proves it's not a one man show.  Mahomes is talented but I've never felt he was as good as all the hype, he's been in a system that meshes well with his skills.  Losing two of their OL in the playoff run definitely hurt, and Tampa's front 7 is legit.  It was a recipe for disaster.  He wouldn't fare any better here had we drafted him.  And at this point we'd probably be talking about him as a bust just like Mitch.  Football starts in the trenches, fix the OL then look for your franchise QB.  Otherwise it's like putting a new set of tires on a car that don't run.  

14 hours ago, McGowan said:

Tonight we got to see what Mahomes would look like playing for the Bears. 

PREACH PREACH PREACH. Finally someone makes the perfect comparison. Mahomes has generational talent, but it doesn't matter if he's always running for his life.