So The Bears Finally Picked A Player That Has A Chip On His Shoulder

lemonej

I think Fields and Jenkins both have a chip on their shoulders. Jenkins because he believes he should be a first round pick and will make the other 31 teams regret their decision as he stated in his interview.

From Fields’ demeanour when he was picked and the look in his eyes I would imagine he is pissed off that 2 QB’s other than Lawrence were picked in front of him and it wouldn’t surprise me if he thought he should have been the no.1 player drafted. 

It would be nice if Jenkins and Fields build a close friendship and use these slights by the teams that passed over them as a to drive to greatness. 

I thought the same about Field's demeanor, until I started watching interviews with him after big wins. He was the same. I think he's just an intense guy, and we shouldn't read body language on draft day out of that context.

That said, he might ALWAYS have a chip on his shoulder all the time. And that's even better than a blip of emotion on draft day!

Ah, found this from an article about Fields' press conference:

(7) Fields agrees with what his college coach, Ohio State's Ryan Day, told the media Friday about how the quarterback "burns hot on the inside" but rarely shows that emotion.

"Coach Day, he's one of the coaches that knows me best, so he's definitely right about that one," Fields said. "I think the even keeled-ness comes from just me being in so many experiences involving sports situations in my life. I've played up to four sports growing up.

"So just failing at different sports, I've always tried to stay even-keeled, tried to keep my body language neutral. So I think that's just where that comes from. My dad has harped on it from when I was a little kid, just to make sure I have good body language. No matter how I'm feeling, just try not to let others see it."

I hope we don't misunderstand him and think he is a "Cutler" because I think there is a lot going on in his head, and he chooses to remain super steady. Reminds me of Joe Montana that way. He didn't come across as sullen, but he was just super steady. I met him once, and I have to say that Montana was the most boring person I've ever met. So much so that i think it was a strength. The entire world could be in flames, with everything on the line, and he would just calmly say "OK, let's go save the word, ok? You go do this, I'll do this, and then we can go get a coke." LOL

Fields' demeanor will be new, but i don't need my QB to tap dance or sell me insurance. Just win baby :)