Jim Harbaugh?

BearFan PHX

10 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Have to disagree with this statement:  "also signing several vets and none have worked out."

Hicks worked out very well, Quinn just set record for sacks, Trevathan worked out very well his first few years he's just too old now.  ARob was a good signing until he went into "me first" mode this year.  He has brought in many cheap FAs who contributed on the field:  Blackson, Ifedi, even Jason Peters, Damien Williams.  Not saying there weren't misses just that the blanket statement that they were all bad isn't correct IMO.   

Get ready because the Armstrong/Harbaugh rumors still persist:

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/another-layer-to-persistent-trace-armstrong-rumor-just-surfaced/

That sentence was QBs only. Pace has signed Clausen, Barkley, Hoyer, Glennon, Sanchez, Daniel, and Dalton (Foles was a trade). If you go back and look at the QBs available each year and what some signed for with other teams, that list could be significantly better. 

However, your statement about the other FAs actually reinforces Pace's departure. He is a 45% GM. Even his free agents are good for about 45% of the time. Quinn, 50%, one great year, one terrible year. Hicks? 2 years with 15+ games, 2 years with 9 or less. Trevathan is the same as Hicks. 2 years with 16 games, one year with 12, two with 9 and this year with 5 games. That is very average at best. BTW, Trevathan is still on contract at 32 next season for $6M. ARob is a 75% and probably one of the highlights, but his highest salary year and the franchise tag got the Bears what exactly this year? I mean, if there was any year to perform, it was supporting the rookie QB and ARob failed miserably. 

Also, out of the 4 guys you mentioned, only two will be on the roster next year, maybe even one.

I will give Pace credit for hitting on the lower end market, however, he has also whiffed there as well. Remember Dion Sims, Quintin Demps, Marcus Cooper, Markus Wheaton, Benny Cunningham? Cody Parkey, Trey Burton, Aaron Lynch? Mike Davis? Buster Skrine, Marvin Hall, Haha Clinton-Dix, Barkevious Mingo, Artie Burns?

So for every Brent Urban, there is a Markus Wheaton. For every Blackson, a Davis. 

To be a winning football team with sustained success, you have to have more hits and bigger hits than misses. Pace just doesn't have that. Even guys that seemed like draft steals are average picks (Cohen, Jackson).

At this point, I don't even care who the new coach is. I just want to know who it is and who the OC is going to be.