Justyn Ross - WR Clemson

AZ54

Despite our issues at WR for some reason I still lean toward fixing the CB/S position in Rd 2.  That's not to say I wouldn't draft a WR there if the right talent fell to us.  Maybe at this point I simply like the DB options in Rd 2 better than the WR options.  Looking at WR who will still be on the board in Rd 2-5 I came across Justyn Ross.  Physically he's an easy fit to step into ARob's role but he has some serious injury history having had surgery to repair a congenital fusion condition with his neck and spine.  He missed all of 2020 for that but returned in 2021 and still played well.  I like his skill set and he's a player I'll be tracking as we go through the scouting process.  

Injury scares me, a congenital condition that has already kept him out and it is related to the spine? Very scary. I don't know if this team has the luxury to take a flyer on someone like that. Maybe with the extra 6th if he is still there?

I agree that the early 2nd rounder sets up better for a DB right now.