it's eberflus as HC

Lucky Luciano

27 minutes ago, adam said:

Eberflus has over double the amount of overall time and double the amount of years as a Coordinator. Even though he is a first time HC, Eberflus is way more experienced at coaching than Nagy even is today. 

Playing the ‘devil’s advocate’(sorry)…but having time in the league doesn’t necessarily equate to being a better HC.  Just ask Fangio.  He’s probably been in the league for decades(?) and now we sorta know why he was never chosen as a HC all those previous years.  Not to say Denver was an ideal landing spot.

Of all the ‘wet behind the ears’ HCs that were up and coming OCs beforehand (McVay, Zac Taylor and maybe Kyle Shannahan) we ended up with a dud.  

All that being said I still think Eberflus will do well.  I like his connection to all the guys who may join the team; Marinelli and Bisaccia among them (both with former HC experience and lots of time in the league).  I’m biased but I always like a more ‘tough as nails’ type of team where defense dominates and I get the feeling that’s where we’re headed.