ARob Comment on Nagy

adam

Whoa, if this is even partially true:

“IT WASN’T THAT I DIDN’T TALK TO HIM, WE DIDN’T TALK. I’M GONNA SAY, ‘WE DIDN’T TALK,’ BECAUSE FROM THE TIME THE SEASON ENDED, ON THE PLANE AFTER THE SAINTS GAME, THE FOLLOWING 24 TO 48 HOURS, THERE’S SOME SORT OF EXIT MEETINGS. FOR US, BECAUSE OF COVID, THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SCHEDULED WITH THE HEAD COACH AND MANAGEMENT, OR HOWEVER THEY WERE COORDINATING THAT, VIA ZOOM. TALKED TO THE RECEIVERS COACH, TALKED TO EQUIPMENT, EVERYBODY ELSE, FEW DAYS GO BY, NO ZOOM LINK. WEEK GO BY, NO ZOOM LINK.

I WAS A PENDING FREE AGENT AT THAT POINT. I DIDN’T KNOW WHICH DIRECTION THEY WERE WANTING TO GO, EITHER WAY OR NOT. SO FOR ME, I’M WAITING FOR THAT EXIT MEETING SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT THIS THING. LIKE, WHAT DO YOU ALL SEE, OR THINK, IN THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE, JUST TO GIVE ME AN IDEA. SO FOR ME IF IT’S SUPPOSED BE A ZOOM LINK SENT OUT TO ME, COOL. ALRIGHT, I’M WAITING FOR THAT ZOOM LINK SO WE CAN CHOP IT UP AND SEE WHAT’S UP. EVEN FROM A FOOTBALL SIDE, FROM HOW DO WE IMPROVE NEXT YEAR? A WEEK GO BY, NO ZOOM LINK. TWO WEEKS, NO ZOOM. NOW JANUARY, WE’RE INTO FEBRUARY, NOPE.”

Talk about a shitshow. 

If the Nagy blowing off Mitch story is true (which I did not believe at first) and this story is true then I 100% blame Nagy for this shit show even tho Pace did him no favors by being average at best. Now that aRob came out and told this story I am leaning towards the Mitch meeting blow off being true. At that point in Nagy's tenure he should have been doing anything and everything to try to get Mitch to succeed.  

1 hour ago, Chitownhustla said:

If the Nagy blowing off Mitch story is true (which I did not believe at first) and this story is true then I 100% blame Nagy for this shit show even tho Pace did him no favors by being average at best. Now that aRob came out and told this story I am leaning towards the Mitch meeting blow off being true. At that point in Nagy's tenure he should have been doing anything and everything to try to get Mitch to succeed.  

Apparently, Pace avoided conflict at all costs. So he would never intervene with things like this. Nagy seems to be an idiot who was overwhelmed as a HC. That is now abundantly clear. How did he not have end-of-season interviews with his players, especially someone like ARob, in his situation, coming off the year he had? ARob had 1250 rec yds and 102 receptions when the leading QB only had 2055 passing yards who was coming up on free agency. Unbelievable.

You are right, the Mitch story now seems true, and I bet more stories will come out over time. It really is unbelievable. Eberflus and Poles are the polar opposites of Nagy and Pace.

I have way more faith in them to get it right than I did for Pace and Nagy. To me it was evident after the 2019 season. They road Fangio's defense and once he left they got exposed as frauds. They may get another job in the NFL with one of their buddies but I don't see them ever getting a job at the same level again. 

2 minutes ago, adam said:

Apparently, Pace avoided conflict at all costs. So he would never intervene with things like this. Nagy seems to be an idiot who was overwhelmed as a HC. That is now abundantly clear. How did he not have end-of-season interviews with his players, especially someone like ARob, in his situation, coming off the year he had? ARob had 1250 rec yds and 102 receptions when the leading QB only had 2055 passing yards who was coming up on free agency. Unbelievable.

You are right, the Mitch story now seems true, and I bet more stories will come out over time. It really is unbelievable. Eberflus and Poles are the polar opposites of Nagy and Pace.

I have way more faith in them to get it right than I did for Pace and Nagy. To me it was evident after the 2019 season. They road Fangio's defense and once he left they got exposed as frauds. They may get another job in the NFL with one of their buddies but I don't see them ever getting a job at the same level again. 

It's wild that the team kept playing hard through this whole season. I thought it was indicator that Nagy had a good locker room culture built. It most likely was the Players and not Nagy. That will be huge moving forward.  

Just now, Chitownhustla said:

It's wild that the team kept playing hard through this whole season. I thought it was indicator that Nagy had a good locker room culture built. It most likely was the Players and not Nagy. That will be huge moving forward.  

He ignored Mitch and didn't do exit interviews, which is a league wide standard. ARob didn't talk with Nagy from the Saints playoff loss until JULY! How is that possible?

11 hours ago, adam said:

He ignored Mitch and didn't do exit interviews, which is a league wide standard. ARob didn't talk with N

14 hours ago, Chitownhustla said:

At that point in Nagy's tenure he should have been doing anything and everything to try to get Mitch to succeed.  

Gonna fix this for ya:   At that point in Nagy's tenure he should have been fired.  

7 hours ago, AZ54 said:

Gonna fix this for ya:   At that point in Nagy's tenure he should have been fired.  

Oh, I agree, Pace and Nagy should've been fired after the 2020 season, absolutely. They got a free pass due to COVID, so we got to experience Groundhog's Day for another year in 2021 watching the same thing from 2020.