OT Rams Bengals SB

BearFan2000

Not Bears related but should be a good SB this year.   Bengals haven't been to the SB since 88, and It's been a while for the Rams.  I like that's it's different teams competing for it rather than Tom Brady vs whoever.   I like both QB's in this game, and you have to feel happy for Stafford to finally be free of the pit of misery (aka the Lions), and has a chance to play in the big game.  He suffered a long time on a team that couldn't win.  Burrow has really come into his own, and if I'm not mistaken he's the first #1 overall to represent his team in a conference championship game ever.  This has been an entertaining NFL playoffs (as entertaining as it can be without the Bears in it).  I'm honestly good with whoever wins this.  Might be the first Super Bowl in some time that I wasn't rooting against someone, but rather just able to enjoy the game.

2 hours ago, BearFan2000 said:

Burrow has really come into his own, and if I'm not mistaken he's the first #1 overall to represent his team in a conference championship game ever.  This has been an entertaining NFL playoffs (as entertaining as it can be without the Bears in it).  I'm honestly good with whoever wins this.  Might be the first Super Bowl in some time that I wasn't rooting against someone, but rather just able to enjoy the game.

All this.  Funny you bring up the Burrow overall 1st round thing; ESPN’s Mike Greenberg talked about that on his show today.  He did say that former overall 1st round picks squaring off in the SB is rare.  This one’s interesting because although Stafford was an overall 1st round pick the Rams aren’t the team that selected him.  Same with SB 50 where Payton Manning and Cam Newton met up.  Payton wasn’t the first overall pick for Denver either where Cam was for Carolina.  Could be the first time (in a long time if ever) where a overall 1st round pick wins it all for the team that drafted him. 

Ever since the divisional rounds there’s no question the football we’ve seen has been spectacular.  So far all the games save the Bills vs Chiefs have been decided by 3 pts.  The bills abs Chiefs went into OT and KC won because of a TD.  Almost no doubt the SB will be great.  Even better that Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger and even Mahomes (this time) won’t be there.  

I would rather have Cincy win. We beat Cincy, so we could say by proxy that the Bears are better than the SB champions. Also, LAR is in the NFC, so by default, they are the enemy.

I don't care for McVay, Stafford, or Beckham.

McVay gets credit as the offensive mastermind (like Shanahan does) but in 2018 when they had the #1 offense and lost the SB, they had Gurley in his prime, and Kupp was their #3 WR behind Woods and Cooks (who both had 1200 yard seasons). It is pretty easy to have a great offense when you have players like that. Now with Stafford, somehow they have a worse offense than they had with Goff in 2018.

Stafford has always been a stat accumulator and somewhat overrated. Now he goes to a stacked team and is all of a sudden a top 5 QB. He literally threw the game losing INT right to a defender that dropped it only to have Jimmy G show him how it's done.