Will Fuller

scs787

Will Fuller has gotten some buzz as a buy low candidate.  Personally, I'm fine with the WRs, and I of course know the huge injury risk that Fuller is butttttt, the Bears aren't winning anything,  so why not take a risk? Fuller, Mooney, and Jones with Pringle underneath could be a ton of fun to watch....for like 10 games till Fuller gets hurt. 

1 hour ago, adam said:

I doubt he would come to Chicago if he has other offers.

It's no doubt gonna have to be a prove it deal, so with our perceived "Mediocre WRs" he might see the Bears as the best fit to put up numbers and make himself the most money in the future. 

2 hours ago, AZ54 said:

If we were considering Fuller why wouldn't they have done that before signing Pettis?   Seems to me they are similar receivers although Fuller's resume is clearly better.   

Production matters, Fuller when healthy is really really good. 

2 hours ago, scs787 said:

Production matters, Fuller when healthy is really really good. 

That's fine but it doesn't address the fact he's been a FA since the beginning of it.  Nobody has signed this guy, and so while he's been on the market we went about signing Pringle, St. Brown, Pettis, and Sharpe and drafting Velus Jones.  Fuller had a 1yr deal in 2021 for $10mil and caught a total of 4 passes, so he's likely to just get another 1yr deal.  His contract demands might be the reason we've stayed away but if it's past production you value, no GM goes and signs Pettis over Fuller.   That includes both having injury histories.  

As it's getting late in the offseason for Fuller, I'll throw this out and it's pure speculation.  He's already had 1 PED suspension.  In the past we've seen other big name players sitting around in FA only to find out later teams knew of a pending suspension for something but that doesn't get announced until that player signs.  If not that, his injury history and contract demands are not aligned with how team's value him.  Teams have evaluated the rosters a bit in OTAs and are moving to fill needs so he should be signed soon.  

FWIW Fuller was drafted 26th overall mostly because of his 4.32 forty time.  He had, and still has, poor hands and can create just as much heartache as celebrations.  

https://sportsnaut.com/watch-texans-will-fuller-drops-three-would-be-touchdowns/