NFC North

adam

With Rodgers leaving the Division and handing the franchise over to Jordan Love, it feels like the division is up for grabs.

Detroit is a decent but needed to win 2 meaningless games to finish 9-8. They still have Goff at QB and with his cap hit over $30M again, they didn't get much better. They do have some decent picks from the Stafford trade, but for free agency, it seems like they are just replacing their losses and not really upgrading there. I figure they will be in the 7-9 win range again.

In Minnesota, they are basically just replacing their free agent losses, and don't have many draft picks. Right now they only have 5 picks, no 2nd rounder, and only 2 picks inside the top 100. So if anything they are going into 2023 slightly worse than they were in 2022. They were one of the weakest 13 win teams in NFL history and I think they will struggle to win 10 again.

Green Bay is going to come down to how Love plays. Rodgers, when playing at his peak was arguably one of the best QBs of all time. I don't think Love is that, but he might end up as an average to above average starter. However, for GB, that would be a drop off at the most important position in the game. They had 8 wins with Rodgers and they are sort of cap restricted due to Rodgers this year, so with Love and the same team, they will be hard pressed to match those 8 wins again next year. They look like they are trending for 6-7 wins.

This feels like every team is going to be within 1-2 wins of each other all season long and end up with a 10-win division winner with the other 3 teams with 7-9 wins.