Hot take- DJ Moore interview

ASHKUM BEAR

I am not too worried as long as he puts up, but I bet this quote is planted in Claypool and Mooneys head.  

Any thoughts?

Moore telling Adam Schefter about phone call with Justin.   

"It shocked him when I got traded," Moore said of Fields. "It was like 'Uh oh.' Let's go be QB1, receiver 1, and then we got [Darnell] Mooney and Chase [Claypool]. It's gonna be a good offense."

it is nice seeing them all together building chemistry.  Add Kmet and Tonyan to this group and this might be  Chicago Bears best.

Screenshot_20230323_200720_Twitter.jpg

well they did trade more value for Moore (his value in the trade was equal to another first round pick) than Claypool (a 2nd round pick) AND they are paying Moore a lot more money than either Mooney or Claypool. So he's right. He's WR1.

But hell yes it ought to light a fire under Mooney and Claypools butts! They each had a moment where they could have taken the WR1 job, and neither did. I hope it makes them mad. I hope they fight like dogs to be sure they arent #3, and to try to be #1.

This is great. This competition will make them all better.

27 minutes ago, Mongo3451 said:

Did I read it wrong?  I read it like Justin said it...

DJ is definitely insinuating that is what Fields said.  Who knows how accurate that is.  In other statements DJ has made it clear he is the rising tide that will lift all WR ships.  He’s got the resume to back that up.  

I have no issue with this at all.  The fact that they're all hanging out at bulls games and such tells me they have good chemistry and mutual respect. 

Moore's presence will help both Mooney and Claypool from a coverage standpoint.  He will draw more coverage away from those guys.  To me the Jury's still out on Claypool, he has the talent, but does he have the ethic and motivation to tap his full potential?  Mooney speed receiver and is more of a role player.