Bears Hire DC - Eric Washington

Lucky Luciano

1 hour ago, Lucky Luciano said:

i AM the GM. just agree without fail to every thing i say without question. i KNOW best. us GM's do.

Thank God you cleared that up, I can stop  using critical thinking as a tool to address the Bears offseason.

On 1/27/2024 at 5:22 PM, BearFan PHX said:

A defensive oriented head coach like Wannstedt or Eberflus will absolutely tell the offense to run more, eat more clock, take fewer risks and play field position. Look at Tony Dungy. That's the blueprint.

Unfortunately, the rules have changed in the NFL and the days of smothering a good opponent 13-7 are much fewer. To realistically win in the NFL youve got to be able to put 30 points up on a somewhat regular basis. And that doesnt work with safe zone, eat clock, possession football of 30 years ago.

Honestly, that's why I was such a fan of Martz and Crowton. They were offensive minds. Some say they were crazy, but they at least tried to step outside the box and shock the defense. Remember that Martz was short-lived under Lovie because the Tackles where Omi-Fail and Jamarcus Webb (LOL), and instead of getting receivers they thought they'd take Devin Hester and turn him into one. As for Crowton, who could forget the Cade McNown draft (hated it), which turned into the Matthews-Miller-McNown law firm of mediocrity.   If either of them had the support of the organization or the HC, maybe they would have succeeded.