Pro Bowl Snubs

adam

After seeing today's games, it is evident that they should wait until the season is completely finished before voting. If you think about it, there is no reason to do it with 2+ games remaining with the Pro Bowl being played AFTER the Super Bowl.

Urlacher would almost be a guarantee after his last two games:

8 tackles, 1 Fumble Recovery, 2 Sacks, 2 Interceptions, 2 Passes Defended, and a Touchdown. He is now the only player in the league with 4 or more Sacks and Interceptions.

While I agree about the timing of the voting. I also agree that Urlacher's play over the last couple games has been more at the level of prow bowler. The voting on the season as a whole. Urlacher just hasn't had the impact this season as he's had in past years as a whole. While I'd like to see him voted in again I can understand why he didn't get the nod this year. I also agree that he may not participate anyway. His focus needs to be on getting back to 100% and having more of an impact on games like he has the last couple. Teams records do play a part in the pro bowl voting also, even if it's just a mental role. The players on teams that are winning will have more promininent exposure and have the spotlight. Look at guys like the RB for the Jaguars (can't think of his name at the moment) finally getting a pro bowl nod after many years of deserving it. It is a popularity contest more than a tallent contest.

He wouldn't go. He would opt out do to his back issues and allow one of the younger guys to play. He has been there several times. I'm sure he doesn't care about that anymore.

Peace :bears

He wouldn't go, no, but it's still an honor to be named to the team, which I think Urlacher definitely deserved.

He wouldn't go, no, but it's still an honor to be named to the team, which I think Urlacher definitely deserved.

He was defensive rookie of the yr. He won the defensive player of the yr award. He has been selected to the pro-bowl 6 times.

He has received the accolades (sp?). Ask Brian and I bet he will tell you he would rather be in the playoffs this yr.

He was defensive rookie of the yr. He won the defensive player of the yr award. He has been selected to the pro-bowl 6 times.

He has received the accolades (sp?). Ask Brian and I bet he will tell you he would rather be in the playoffs this yr.

I don't disagree with you, but it's still an honor to get elected no matter how long you've been in the league. Sure, he'd rather be in the playoffs, but any good NFL player would rather be in the playoffs than to earn a personal honor (or at least, they'd say that to the public, even if they thought otherwise behind closed doors).

The whole point is they do the voting too early.

Players who come on strong at the end of the season basically have no chance at the Pro Bowl. BearSox mentioned Fred Taylor. He is a prime example of this. He had zero 100 yard games thru Week 11, and now has had 5 straight since Week 12.

The problem is if they started to vote around Week 12 or 13, then he would've not looked like a Pro Bowler. His teammate, Jones-Drew already had two 100 yard games at Week 10. So it would be hard to pick Taylor around Week 12/13. However, right now it would be a pretty easy pick.

There is reason why they cannot wait until the day after the regular season to start voting, or at least the last week of the season.

The whole point is they do the voting too early.

Players who come on strong at the end of the season basically have no chance at the Pro Bowl. BearSox mentioned Fred Taylor. He is a prime example of this. He had zero 100 yard games thru Week 11, and now has had 5 straight since Week 12.

The problem is if they started to vote around Week 12 or 13, then he would've not looked like a Pro Bowler. His teammate, Jones-Drew already had two 100 yard games at Week 10. So it would be hard to pick Taylor around Week 12/13. However, right now it would be a pretty easy pick.

There is reason why they cannot wait until the day after the regular season to start voting, or at least the last week of the season.

Exactly. And while for Urlacher missing the Pro Bowl might not be a big deal to him, Fred Taylor has never been to the Pro Bowl. Yeah, it looks like he'll get in now because of the injury to Willie Parker, but he should have been voted in in the first place.

I don't disagree with you, but it's still an honor to get elected no matter how long you've been in the league. Sure, he'd rather be in the playoffs, but any good NFL player would rather be in the playoffs than to earn a personal honor (or at least, they'd say that to the public, even if they thought otherwise behind closed doors).

Understood. I just don't think this is a big deal. Not sure why I keep adding to this post. ;)