PFFs Top 32 QBs

adam

Caleb comes in at #19, between Geno Smith and Baker Mayfield.

This feels like a pretty fair spot to start at, though, I think he will be closer to to 10 than top 20. I think he will be better than Murray, Smith, and Lawrence at least. Lawrence at #12 seems too high for me.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-quarterback-rankings-all-32-starters-2024-nfl-season

Not sure where Stroud finished last year but the NFL had him listed 8th. ( go by yardage)

If he finishes similar to Stroud last year, I suspect he finishing top 15. Personally I would like top 10 and a trip to the playoffs.

11 hours ago, Stinger226 said:

Not sure where Stroud finished last year but the NFL had him listed 8th. ( go by yardage)

If he finishes similar to Stroud last year, I suspect he finishing top 15. Personally I would like top 10 and a trip to the playoffs.

They have Stroud 10th on this list, but also have Rodgers at 8.

If you look at skill position players, Stroud had Collins and Dell as his top 2 WRs where Williams has Moore and Allen AND Odunze. So Stroud's performance last year should be Williams floor to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the college reps mentioned again. Not that there is 100% correlation between raw number of attempts and success, but there is a point where you can say you know who the QB is, that there is something to work with and room to grow vs an unknown due to lower reps. That is why it always fascinates me on why Pace chose Trubisky over Watson or Mahomes (I wanted Watson). 

Then, with another shot at drafting a QB, which is rare for a GM, he goes with another QB with low reps and question marks in Fields. 

Guys with extra years at QB might have the high volume reps, but that is only because of the extra seasons. Penix is #2, but with 6 years (Williams had only 3), so when you take away some years of service, you can see Penix drop all the way to dead last on this list with 4 years of play. McCarthy seems high risk with less than 500 completions. 

Screenshot 2024-06-04 084853.png