The Edge playing for the Bears?

Pixote

Check out this article link: Will James be back in 2008?

Pure speculation, but if for cap reasons the Cards let James go, would the Bears be a contender for his services? Personally, I think the Cards will find a way to keep him, but he sure would look nice as our starter!!

I doubt it with his salary, but I guess you never know.

Agreed, it doesn't make sense to bring in a back with similar styles to Benson.

Really? I always thought of him as more of a shifty between the tackles type runner as opposed to a north south runner like Benson is.

But admittedly I havent watched much of Edge except in his scattered games against the Bears with the Colts and Cardinals.

Really? I always thought of him as more of a shifty between the tackles type runner as opposed to a north south runner like Benson is.

But admittedly I havent watched much of Edge except in his scattered games against the Bears with the Colts and Cardinals.

With Indy he did that a little, but with the Cards he is so slow now that all he can do is north south.

No thank you. I'd rather find a guy who has less miles on him.

I agree, he is more of a name now than a premier back. Last year he had 3 games over 100 yards, 3 games under 3 yards per carry,,,, and 8 games where his long run was under 10 yards. Finished the season under 4 yards a carry.

Fargas is going to be a free agent, he also had 1000 yard season, averaged 4.5 yards per carry... with an offense with fewer weapons than Arizona. Only had 9 games with more than 10 carries and 4 of them he had over 100 yards.

Not that I really want Fargas, but I would like him better than James... and cheaper too