Official NFL All-Pro Team

adam

Hester was the only Bear to make it. Surprised some others didn't even make 2nd team honors. No Briggs or Harris.

Offense - First team

Quarterback

Tom Brady, New England

Running backs

LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego

Brian Westbrook, Philadelphia

Fullback

Lorenzo Neal, San Diego

Wide receivers

Terrell Owens, Dallas

Randy Moss, New England

Tight end

Jason Witten, Dallas

Offensive tackles

Walter Jones, Seattle

Matt Light, New England

Offensive guards

Alan Faneca, Pittsburgh

Steve Hutchinson, Minnesota

Center

Jeff Saturday, Indianapolis

Kicker

Rob Bironas, Tennessee

Kick returner

Devin Hester, Chicago

Defense - First team

Defensive ends

Jared Allen, Kansas City

Patrick Kerney, Seattle

Defensive tackles

Kevin Williams, Minnesota

Albert Haynesworth, Tennessee

Outside linebackers

DeMarcus Ware, Dallas

Mike Vrabel, New England

Inside linebackers

Patrick Willis, San Francisco

Lofa Tatupu, Seattle

Cornerbacks

Asante Samuel, New England

Antonio Cromartie, San Diego

Safeties

Ed Reed, Baltimore

Bob Sanders, Indianapolis

Punter

Andy Lee, San Francisco

Offense - Second team

Brett Favre, Green Bay

Adrian Peterson, Minnesota

Fred Taylor, Jacksonville

Tony Richardson, Minnesota

Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis

Braylon Edwards, Cleveland

Wes Welker, New England

Tony Gonzalez, Kansas City

Flozell Adams, Dallas

Jason Peters, Buffalo

Logan Mankins, New England

Leonard Davis, Dallas

Dan Koppen, New England

Phil Dawson, Cleveland

Josh Cribbs, Cleveland

Defense - Second team

Aaron Kampman, Green Bay

Mario Williams, Houston

Pat Williams, Minnesota

Vince Wilfork, New England

Shawne Merriman, San Diego

James Harrison, Pittsburgh

DeMeco Ryans, Houston

Nick Barnett, Green Bay

Champ Bailey, Denver

Al Harris, Green Bay

Darren Sharper, Minnesota

Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh

Sean Taylor, Washington

Shane Lechler, Oakland

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

No other bear should be on this list. Not the first team, nor the 2nd.

Harris was injured far too much this year, and while he dominated at times, he was also invisible far too often. Likely due to playing through injury, but regardless, he did not warrant being on this list. Briggs gets a lot of respect, but until he starts making more non-tackle plays (picks, FF, FR, sacks, PDs, etc) I do not think he belongs on this list either. Urlacher finished strong, but the season is longer than 4 games, and he didn't have a great year. Frankly, regardless how any of them played, no one from one of the worst defenses in the league should be on the 1st or 2nd team.

No, Hester is the only player that should be there.

No other bear should be on this list. Not the first team, nor the 2nd.

Harris was injured far too much this year, and while he dominated at times, he was also invisible far too often. Likely due to playing through injury, but regardless, he did not warrant being on this list. Briggs gets a lot of respect, but until he starts making more non-tackle plays (picks, FF, FR, sacks, PDs, etc) I do not think he belongs on this list either. Urlacher finished strong, but the season is longer than 4 games, and he didn't have a great year. Frankly, regardless how any of them played, no one from one of the worst defenses in the league should be on the 1st or 2nd team.

No, Hester is the only player that should be there.

James Harrison over Briggs?

DeMeco Ryans over Urlacher?

Those are some reaches there.

Hardly a reach. Harrison had 5 fewer tackles, but 8.5 sacks compared to Brigg's 2, plus 7 FFs, compared to Brigg's 2. Harrison also had a pick, compared to none for Briggs, though Briggs had several bounce off his hands. Beyond the pure stats, Harrison was an integral part of a superiour defense, and was key in putting pressure on the QB. Briggs is a tackle machine, but OLBs are more often going to put up playmaking stats, and whether due to scheme or player, Briggs does not do that. I can easily see why Harrison was picked ahead of Briggs.

This is a different story here. I think Urlacher was hurt by (a) setting the bar for himself much higher, and thus appearing to have an off season and (B) not really looking "urlacher-esq" until late in the year, when many minds were likely already made up. Ryans is an awesome LB. Urlacher is better, IMHO, and has proven to be a superiour playmaker, but due to the appearance of a down year, as well as being the captain of a defense that went from elite to flat out sad, I think factored greatly in this. I can see the argument for Urlacher making the team, but as I said before, in general, I think our defense was simply so bad that no one was deserving.

I know you can argue Houston didn't have a great defense either, but again, I think it is about perception. Houston was not expected to have a great defense, while we were. So when our defense failed, it created a greater bias against individual players than in Houston, where players were not expected to be great.

Hardly a reach. Harrison had 5 fewer tackles, but 8.5 sacks compared to Brigg's 2, plus 7 FFs, compared to Brigg's 2. Harrison also had a pick, compared to none for Briggs, though Briggs had several bounce off his hands. Beyond the pure stats, Harrison was an integral part of a superiour defense, and was key in putting pressure on the QB. Briggs is a tackle machine, but OLBs are more often going to put up playmaking stats, and whether due to scheme or player, Briggs does not do that. I can easily see why Harrison was picked ahead of Briggs.

This is a different story here. I think Urlacher was hurt by (a) setting the bar for himself much higher, and thus appearing to have an off season and (B) not really looking "urlacher-esq" until late in the year, when many minds were likely already made up. Ryans is an awesome LB. Urlacher is better, IMHO, and has proven to be a superiour playmaker, but due to the appearance of a down year, as well as being the captain of a defense that went from elite to flat out sad, I think factored greatly in this. I can see the argument for Urlacher making the team, but as I said before, in general, I think our defense was simply so bad that no one was deserving.

I know you can argue Houston didn't have a great defense either, but again, I think it is about perception. Houston was not expected to have a great defense, while we were. So when our defense failed, it created a greater bias against individual players than in Houston, where players were not expected to be great.

Yeah, you are right, the expectations killed it. Good point.

He led the league in INT's by 2. Whether it's a valid way of measuring ability or not I'll leave to you, but 10 INT's is a lot of games changed by an INT.

Big whoop. Over half of those picks were thrown directly to him. He is not that good of a corner, and I can name at least 10 better, if not more.

Do it.

Charles Tillman, Al Harris, Charles Woodson, Asante Samuel, Nnamdi Asomugha, DeAngelo Hall, Ronde Barber, Marcus Trufant, Sheldon Brown, Lito Sheppard, Quentin Jammer, Deshea Townsend, and there are plenty more. And that's not even naming the injured players who are better cornerbacks to begin with.

Sure Cromartie made a lot of picks, but he is far from a top corner back in the league. He still needs a lot of work on how to actually play corner. This is a guy who only started 1 game in his whole college career.

Big whoop. Over half of those picks were thrown directly to him. He is not that good of a corner, and I can name at least 10 better, if not more.

The all pro team isnt to name the BEST players at every position it is for the players that had the better season. He had a great year in a year that not many other corners stood out. DeAngelo Hall? Are you serious, he single handedly lost his team the game against Carolina. He is a time bomb and is severely overrated.

Yeah your right, all those picks were thrown RIGHT to him, he didn't even have to make any athletic moves to get them either right?

Cromartie, while maybe not thee best corner in the league, is certainly an emerging superstar. What an athlete this kid is and if you don't believe me just watch the highlight of his 110 yard INT return!

I know Cromartie is an athete, he has great size and speed. But he has only started 1 game in his college career and is still at least 1 year away, but more likely 2-3 years from actually becoming a good cover corner, if ever.

Being a good corner is more then just being a good athlete.

Oh, and Deangelo Hall is still one of the top 5 CB's in the league, even if he is a headcase.

I know Cromartie is an athete, he has great size and speed. But he has only started 1 game in his college career and is still at least 1 year away, but more likely 2-3 years from actually becoming a good cover corner, if ever.

Being a good corner is more then just being a good athlete.

Oh, and Deangelo Hall is still one of the top 5 CB's in the league, even if he is a headcase.

Not this year