Chad Johnson trade request

adam

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/benga...e-let-me-go.asp

Chad Johnson's efforts to manufacture a trade from the Bengals hit full stride today when he took his complaints with the Bengals national on the Mike & Mike radio show on ESPN.

"I was labeled selfish and a cancer, and it hurt," he said. "Fingers were pointed at me this year. If the team and the organization wants to further itself (make the playoffs), I think you need to get rid of the problem.

"It hurt me. To do me that way and not to have my back. Things were said, and nobody came to my defense."

What would you give up to get him?

His contract info:

Signed a six-year, $35.5 million contract. The deal included a $5 million signing bonus. Johnson counts $8 million against the cap in 2007. 2007: $2.5 million (+ $250,000 workout bonus + $3.5 million option bonus + $1.5 million reporting bonus), 2008: $3 million (+ $250,000 workout bonus), 2009: $4.5 million (+ $250,000 workout bonus), 2010: $5 million (+ $250,000 workout bonus), 2011: $6 million (club option), 2012: Free Agent

The price also depends on how bad Cincinatti wants to get rid of Johnson. Look at how much it took Philadelphia to get Terrell Owens, who was undoubtedly the best wide reciever in the NFL at the time, from San Francisco and Baltimore:

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/football/nfl/players/Terrell_Owens/

Mar 16, 2004: In a three-way deal: San Francisco 49ers traded Terrell Owens to the Philadelphia Eagles for Brandon Whiting, Philadelphia Eagles traded a 5th round selection in 2004 to the Baltimore Ravens.

Mar 4, 2004: San Francisco 49ers traded Terrell Owens to the Baltimore Ravens for a second-round pick in 2004 (No. 51 overall). (trade protested)

Is there a doubt in your mind that Terrell Owens would be worth more than Brandon Whiting and a 5th round pick, either in 2004 or now? This was one hell of a steal by Philadelphia who were happy to play along with Terrell Owens "silly antics" to get himself untraded from the Baltimore Ravens(how ironic that those same silly antics almost destroyed the Eagles lockerroom).

If Chad Johnson starts pitching fits and going on the same sort of media blitz that Terrell Owens did (when he assured everyone that he was going to philly), Ocho Cinco may be had for considerably less than you might think.