Show me the money!!

Wesson44

Now that's 2007 is over and 2008 is here what do we do as far as our team goes on offense? Well I know what I would do if I was in charge. Starting with FA I would make a big push to upgrade the Oline. I would move Tait back to RT and try to land either Locklear from the Seahawks or Starks from the Steelers saying goodbye to Miller & Metcalf. At Guard we need to get Faneca and get rid of Garza Brown is old too. Draft a guard to fight it out with Beekman and maybe we could Draft either Otah from Pitt,Clady from Bosie State or Baker from USC and try them at guard. Now in the backfeild we need to get a guy who can run because Benson is just slow to the outside. Turner would be nice but too much money, so Jones from Dallas and Fargas come to mind here. Then again who knows what we do if we fill the Oline needs from FA then with McFadden,Stewart, Mendenhall and all the other top crop at RB we draft someone. I would get the fast Fleix Jones from Arkansas in the 2nd or 3rd RD saving cap space but getting a fast RB. Also Greise has to go and I would Keep Grossman,Orton and draft Flacco from Delaware. Maybe take a look at Culpepper or Anderson(but he's staying with the Browns) Now at WR I would try to keep Berrian but if I cant I would they go after Johnson from the Cardinals or draft Bowman from OK state or Hubbard from Wisconsin. I would also try to get a blocking FB like Ayanbadejo's brother and keep them both on the team 49 & 94. McKie sucks. I would move Moose away from the outside and let him operate in the slot with Davis and put Bradley/Hester & Berrian on the outside along with who we get in the draft. Funny thing I heard....the Lions might trade Roy Williams, the Bengals might trade Chad Johnson and Denver's Javon Walker wants out, good crop if we pull the trigger on one of them.

Show me they money!!
I've never heard it like that before.

Obviously the O-Line needs an overhaul thru FA and the draft. It will be interesting to see what happens before the draft. I believe the Bears will also do some post-June 1st moves this year - picking up players other teams need to cut to save cap space.

Interesting observations Wesson however not sure I agree with what you are saying. I do not think Garza is expendable at this point. Save us too much under the cap and plays decent. I agree with getting rid of Miller and Brown is definitely getting to old. I think it is time to say goodbye to Berrian. He thinks he is a top ten receiver in this league and yet still has not done squat to prove it to me. Plus he gets in the way when others are running in behind him and moving down field. Plus he really does not take anything over the middle. Not a top ten receiver in my book. I think someone will make the mistake of offering Grossman more money and good ridence to him. Orton needs to remain, Griese is signed and is able to mentor Orton some more and we need to draft a QB who will be considered a true franchise QB. We'll have to wait and see how JA is planning the future and see what happens. The other thing is that we could have had a far better O Coordinator and fried supposedly of Lovie's in Mike Martz however, San Fran beat us to him. Looks like 2008 is not shaping up very well as of yet and yet we still have not talked about the needs on defense as of yet.

Now that's 2007 is over and 2008 is here what do we do as far as our team goes on offense? Well I know what I would do if I was in charge. Starting with FA I would make a big push to upgrade the Oline. I would move Tait back to RT and try to land either Locklear from the Seahawks or Starks from the Steelers saying goodbye to Miller & Metcalf. At Guard we need to get Faneca and get rid of Garza Brown is old too. Draft a guard to fight it out with Beekman and maybe we could Draft either Otah from Pitt,Clady from Bosie State or Baker from USC and try them at guard. Now in the backfeild we need to get a guy who can run because Benson is just slow to the outside. Turner would be nice but too much money, so Jones from Dallas and Fargas come to mind here. Then again who knows what we do if we fill the Oline needs from FA then with McFadden,Stewart, Mendenhall and all the other top crop at RB we draft someone. I would get the fast Fleix Jones from Arkansas in the 2nd or 3rd RD saving cap space but getting a fast RB. Also Greise has to go and I would Keep Grossman,Orton and draft Flacco from Delaware. Maybe take a look at Culpepper or Anderson(but he's staying with the Browns) Now at WR I would try to keep Berrian but if I cant I would they go after Johnson from the Cardinals or draft Bowman from OK state or Hubbard from Wisconsin. I would also try to get a blocking FB like Ayanbadejo's brother and keep them both on the team 49 & 94. McKie sucks. I would move Moose away from the outside and let him operate in the slot with Davis and put Bradley/Hester & Berrian on the outside along with who we get in the draft. Funny thing I heard....the Lions might trade Roy Williams, the Bengals might trade Chad Johnson and Denver's Javon Walker wants out, good crop if we pull the trigger on one of them.

If we get to round 2 and he's still there, I'm all for the drafting of Felix Jones :headbang

I like most of your ideas but Culpeppey! Stay away!

I don't like either option! I'd propose others...but given what you've given me to respond to, I'd take Griese over Culpepper. Niether are that good, we've already got Griese locked to a contract, and Culpepper has looked horrid in Miami and Oakland. There's a chance he could look a bit better given more healing time, but he could also be a complete injury bust. But it's not that easy... So much depends on who would be the starter, etc... Given that, I might choose diferently.

Which would you prefer out of these 2 options next year (assume for the moment that no QB is drafted):

Grossman, Griese, Orton

Grossman, Orton, Culpepper.

(Assume nothing is implied by the order there also.)

I've never heard it like that before.

Obviously the O-Line needs an overhaul thru FA and the draft. It will be interesting to see what happens before the draft. I believe the Bears will also do some post-June 1st moves this year - picking up players other teams need to cut to save cap space.

FYI - A couple of years ago, they changed the accounting rules slightly so that 2 players per team could be cut prior to June 1st, but allows the split cap hit as if they were released after June 1st.

Post June 1st cuts don't really exist anymore - in relation to the cap anyway. The same guys will get released, it'll just happen March 1st or thereabouts.

Wesson - good to see you finally made it to the sight. I sent the discs for the last six games on Friday. Let me know when you get them.

Peace :bears

FYI - A couple of years ago, they changed the accounting rules slightly so that 2 players per team could be cut prior to June 1st, but allows the split cap hit as if they were released after June 1st.

Post June 1st cuts don't really exist anymore - in relation to the cap anyway. The same guys will get released, it'll just happen March 1st or thereabouts.

Hey thanks. I really do thank you for your time spent sending me all the games. I get great pleasure out of reviewing them and breaking down what we did right or wrong.