AFC Championship thread

DrunkBomber

I like the Pats but I dont think they will cover the 14. It appears Rivers, LT and Gates are all playing.

I would say if Rivers, LT, & Gates are able to play effectively the entire game SD has a chance to pull off an upset. I just do not think they will, especially Rivers, and Volek will not be effective against the NE defense.

This SuperBowl is going to be really interesting with all the history involved.

Yeah.

Problem is, with every match up possible there was a storyline...

Chargers vs. Giants- the whole Eli/Rivers draft issue

Chargers vs. Packers- rematch of their game earlier in the year, and then the whole "Favre back to the Super Bowl" BS

Patriots vs. Giants- Giants almost beat them so they might actually do it this time

Patriots vs. Packers- Brady vs Favre

Yep, NEP have a great thing going. The media will try to hype it up. NYG won 11 road games in a row, a record. They almost won against NEP the last game of the season. Eli is coming of age. They (the media) will put all kinds of spin on the game to keep the fires hot, but I think when all is said and done, NEP will win the SB. IF, and I say IF the NYG play a PERFECT game, they might keep it close, otherwise, blowout for sure.

Yeah.

Problem is, with every match up possible there was a storyline...

Chargers vs. Giants- the whole Eli/Rivers draft issue

Chargers vs. Packers- rematch of their game earlier in the year, and then the whole "Favre back to the Super Bowl" BS

Patriots vs. Giants- Giants almost beat them so they might actually do it this time

Patriots vs. Packers- Brady vs Favre

I'm not talking about storyline more than history. Going undefeated the entire season with a 16 game regular season is unprecedented.

If the G-Men win, it might be one of the biggest upsets in SB history.