What are you looking forward to more?

nfoligno

As of right now I'm looking forward to free agency. I have a real tough time speculating on the draft, when so many things may or may not be answered by draft day. For instance, I think we'll sign Julious Jones, Michael Turner, or some other top RB. If we don't, there will be speculation the Bears might take Mendenhall at #14. In other words, so much might change between now & then, what's the point in predicting this early?

That being said, FA is often just waiting & waiting. For all the time we spend speculating on free agents, the majority are never, ever mentioned on Bearstalk. For instance:

2007: Adam Archuletta, Darwin Walker, & Athony Adams: There was some talk about Arch, but zero about the other two.

2006: Brian Griese & Ricky Manning Jr: There was some Griese talk (although he didn't sign until April) but ZERO Manning talk until he came to Chicago for a visit.

2005: Reben Brown, Fred Miller, & Roberto Garza: Seriously, I don't remember ANYONE mentioning any of these 3.

In other words, speculating on who we might sign is probably counter-productive. For all our speculation, more often then not, we miss.

I dont know about the old site but here last year every new player was discussed.

Just curious. FA is very near, w/ the draft not long after. Which aspect of the offseason are you all looking forward to more?

Personally, I am looking more forward to FA. OL is our greatest need (not counting QB, where I see little major change), and is the position I think Angelo has seen more quality FAs added, while also being among his weakest positions in the draft. So much hinges on our upgrading the OL, and I think that will begin w/ FA. I am so interested to see how we attack the OL in FA, and believe it will have a major impact on the draft.

I am looking more forward to the draft, simply because I'll be working normal hours at that time and will be able to actually read and stay up to date with what is going on. When it comes to FA, I won't have a clue what is going on based on a hectic work schedule.

Either way I'm just hopeful that the Bears make the necessary moves to get the franchise back on the path it was headed in just a year ago. The thing I'm not looking forward to is the long gap between the draft and football.