Today, Booker to visit...

'TD'

the New England Patriots.

WR Booker will meet with Patriots

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors;_ylt=Al...WETQsZCsZlDubYF

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 8:16 am EST

Marty Booker

Getty Images

The New England Patriots are setting their sights on another former Miami Dolphin, as receiver Marty Booker is scheduled to meet with team officials at Gillette Stadium Tuesday the Boston Globe reported.

Much like the Patriots' decision to pursue Wes Welker last year, Booker's success against New England might be a significant factor in the level of interest he's received from Vice President of Player Personnel Scott Pioli and head coach Bill Belichick.

In eight games against the Patriots over the last four seasons, the 6-foot-, 210-pound Booker had three 100-yard receiving games. He played a major role in the Dolphins' last two wins against New England - catching eight passes for 103 yards and a touchdown in a 21-0 win Dec. 10, 2006, and seven receptions for 86 yards and a touchdown in a 28-26 victory Jan. 1, 2006. The 31-year-old Booker enters his 10th NFL season in 2008, after playing for the Bears (1999-2003) and Dolphins (2004-2007). He was released by the Dolphins on Feb. 11

Source: Boston Globe

Related: New England Patriots

if they sign Booker you have to think Stallworth will be available. He is basically a duplicate of Berrian and we might be able to get him for cheaper than Berrian.

The issue with Stallworth is always injuries. And I'm still not sold on his attitude, although he survived a season in NY.

If the 2 options are signing Stallworth and tagging Berrian, I'm all for signing Stallworth because the cap hit would be less. But that's if those were the only 2 good options.

If the Patriots ask a player for a visit, that player usually signs. Dropping moose had me excited cuz I thought Booker would be coming in, guess I was wrong.

Maybe, but I'm not sure how he fits in with them. Randy Moss will likely be back, and Welker will continue to get a ton of work. Is Rashied Caldwell a free agent?

Last year the Patriots bucked their habit of under-paying for guys. I can't see them "over-paying for Booker. He has far more value to another team then he does New England. Hell, he would immediately be the #1 WR for Minny or Tenn., two teams that have a ton of dough in cap room to spend. (Even if Berrian walks, you can't say he'd immediately be the #1 for the Bears because of the Devin Hester factor)