Grossman deal to be done

Ed Hochuli 3:16

I just threw up a little bit....

I completely understand why they did it, but I disagree. If we don't draft a QB that will be the heir apparent, the move will sicken me to unknown heights. Grossman only has value if we are grooming someone for next season. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over getting the same results, yet expecting different results.

According to John Clayton, a 2 year extension will be given to Rex by the end of the today. Clayton also said they expect to bring Griese back.

What are your thoughts?

Sarcasm?

Something tells me that they'll go OL, WR, OL, S with our first 4 picks now. We'll wait to draft a QB until next year since Rex's contract is 2 years.

My 2-cents

Griese will not be a Bear at the start of the season. First off, the word on the street is the Philly game Griese really did orchastate the final drive and him taking credit offended Turner. Second, Griese was upset at the Bears brass when he was demoted. Griese said publicly that he was healthy enough to play, but they gave the reins back to Rex.

JA will say that they will bring back Grossman, Griese and Orton, but this is a smoke screen. They don't want another team to leap frog them to grab Flacco/Henne and they don't want to decrease trade value they may get out of Griese.

My 2-cents

Griese will not be a Bear at the start of the season. First off, the word on the street is the Philly game Griese really did orchastate the final drive and him taking credit offended Turner. Second, Griese was upset at the Bears brass when he was demoted. Griese said publicly that he was healthy enough to play, but they gave the reins back to Rex.

JA will say that they will bring back Grossman, Griese and Orton, but this is a smoke screen. They don't want another team to leap frog them to grab Flacco/Henne and they don't want to decrease trade value they may get out of Griese.

Good point. Why go out of your way to telegraph a draft pick?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over getting the same results, yet expecting different results.

I was thinking the same thing. ;)

I don't mind bringing back Rex as long as that means Griese is gone (trade him - he does have value) and they draft a young QB for the future.

Peace :bears

Every team in the league knows Angelo is very interested in Flacco. Isn't he the QB the team has a private workout scheduled for? At any rate, any team wanting Joe knows they better jump above the Bears regardless of Griese's status at that time.

If the Bears pay Brian his $300K roster bonus due in a couple weeks, they are doing it more to hedge against not getting the rookie QB they want in the draft, rather than trying to use him as a smoke screen that every other GM can see thru. JMO

This is awesome (not sarcastic). I truly believe Rex can be be a VERY good QB behind a decent OL. I was dreading the idea of him goin somewhere and finally shining after all the work we've put in through his injuries and growing pains.

This is not blind faith either. I saw him improve his fundamentals this year despite zero running game (OL fault imo), horrendous pass blocking, and butterfinger receivers. I think most that won't give that credit to Rex are not being objective (not talkin bout you Nfo, you're generally pretty grounded in your analysis) and are being influenced by past emotions.

I only hope we can fix the OL problems and find out once and for all what we have in him and Benson for that matter. I don't think many QBs or RBs can succeed behind the current line.

Not to rain on your parade...but which fundamentals did you see improve? I'm at a loss...I saw regression.

This is awesome (not sarcastic). I truly believe Rex can be be a VERY good QB behind a decent OL. I was dreading the idea of him goin somewhere and finally shining after all the work we've put in through his injuries and growing pains.

This is not blind faith either. I saw him improve his fundamentals this year despite zero running game (OL fault imo), horrendous pass blocking, and butterfinger receivers. I think most that won't give that credit to Rex are not being objective (not talkin bout you Nfo, you're generally pretty grounded in your analysis) and are being influenced by past emotions.

I only hope we can fix the OL problems and find out once and for all what we have in him and Benson for that matter. I don't think many QBs or RBs can succeed behind the current line.

Not to rain on your parade...but which fundamentals did you see improve? I'm at a loss...I saw regression.

In his last 4 games when he regained the starting position, he had 3 TDs and 1 Int. He threw for over 250 yards in 2 of those games. He was also sacked 16 TIMES. So despite pressure, which was always his kryptonite, Rex made plays and took care of the football for 4 straight games before his season ended. It's a small sample size, but it didn't look like a fluke to me personally. He was determined to not lose the ball.

In his last 4 games when he regained the starting position, he had 3 TDs and 1 Int. He threw for over 250 yards in 2 of those games. He was also sacked 16 TIMES. So despite pressure, which was always his kryptonite, Rex made plays and took care of the football for 4 straight games before his season ended. It's a small sample size, but it didn't look like a fluke to me personally. He was determined to not lose the ball.

I agree with you; not to mention it looked like the "fumbling the snap" issue got solved.

According to John Clayton, a 2 year extension will be given to Rex by the end of the today. Clayton also said they expect to bring Griese back.

What are your thoughts?

Is this a joke? Did I miss something? It's 10:30 Chicago Time here and no web site has any mention of Grossman being expected to sign.

I just don't believe it. Some team is going to look at Rex at say, "That's a Super Bowl Quarterback!" That team is going to "make it rain."

Meanwhile the Bear's management and fans are debating whether Rex is better then Kyle freaking Orton. Think about that for a second.

I just don't believe it. Is there a link anywhere?

Is this a joke? Did I miss something? It's 10:30 Chicago Time here and no web site has any mention of Grossman being expected to sign.

I just don't believe it. Some team is going to look at Rex at say, "That's a Super Bowl Quarterback!" That team is going to "make it rain."

Meanwhile the Bear's management and fans are debating whether Rex is better then Kyle freaking Orton. Think about that for a second.

No, there is no link. It was on SC today with Clayton. Am I the only who saw this? Somebody, please back me up...

It's called watch something called TV, bud.

I see your sarcasm, and I raise it one.

I fully trust Lovie to do the right thing. :) I'm certain the job won't be given to him and it'll be an open competition the likes the league has never seen.

That is EXACTLY one of my main concerns. I thought it was crap every time they gave Grossman the job before camp, and if they do again, particularly now, it is a HUGE mistake IMO. Either Griese or Orton could start IMO, and I think they should be given a chance to do so.

If Grossman cannot be consistent and show improvement, he needs to be benched. Quickly.

It is tough for me to say whether we should look for another QB. With the pressure on the QB due to the OL poor performance last year, maybe any QB would have struggled.....I just am not sure though........