What would this deal cost us?

Guest TerraTor

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/02...ety-challenged/

Trade For Huff

Hed be the fastest player on the defense and is 50x upgrade over anyone back there right now.

What a great addition he would be.

You say that he'd be a 50x upgrade over anyone back there . . . how do you know that? PFT said that Oakland would like to trade him and that he's not lived up to his ability/potential. I'll be honest, I try really hard not to watch ANY Raider games, so I don't have a clue. I just know that top 10 picks make big money which equals "big cap hit."

The last time we traded for an under-achieving safety it didn't work out so well (Archuletta).

I'm really not against it. I love the fact he's fast as hell and can play SS or FS. I'm just skeptical.

From what I've heard, he's Oakland's version of Daniel Manning. He's fast and athletic but doesn't tackle particularly well.

As for his contract, he's got 2 cheap years (under $1 mil) but 2010 balloons into a salary of about $6 million

Not to mention, according to that article he has one interception in 32 games. Manning has 4 interceptions in two years. The main difference is that Huff plays strong safety.