Bills looking at B Johnson

brletich

From PFT:

POSTED 12:05 p.m. EST, March 1, 2008

BILLS HOSTING JOHNSON

As free agency gets into its second day, the Bills will soon be sniffing around a second receiver to pair with go-to guy Lee Evans.

According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network, receiver Bryant Johnson is on his way to Buffalo for a visit.

Johnson was the front end of first-round back-to-back draft picks by the Cardinals in 2003. He has been overshadowed by Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald.

The guy taken right after Johnson by the Cards, defensive end/linebacker Calvin Pace, is expected to sign with another team soon.

We may be looking at no WR in FA this year because after BB and BJ there isn't much...

From PFT:

We may be looking at no WR in FA this year because after BB and BJ there isn't much...

I think Brandon Lloyd's a pretty good possibility. He's a speed receiver that can stretch the field. Hopefully we'd take a look at Marty Booker also.

Either way, if Berrian leaves, I'll be pissed if we don't bring in a veteran to replace him. If we're looking at Bradley, Hester, Rashied Davis, and whatever guy we draft . . . we'll be in trouble.

Now that Berrian is a Viking I don't see any way Bryant Johnson signs with Buffalo without first visiting the Bears. If his agent suggests that he does he should fire him on the spot. The Bears situation clearly gives Johnson a shot at being a #1 WR. On top of that they already know the money the Bears were willing to spend on Berrian. The fact Berrian is gone should make us a bit more desperate to sign a WR. That threat alone should raise the Bills offer to Johnson. I'd be stunned if his agent doesn't at a minimum use the Bears as leverage in contract negotiations.