What's next?

ASHKUM BEAR

It's great to see Briggs back, even though I was prepared to see him leave. So, what's next JA? The papers say your working on our own players to extend contracts, but shouldn't you be looking at adding an outside piece here or there? Or, are you trying to extend our own (Harris, Url, Hester, Anderson) to gauge what there mindsets for $$ is so you know where our cap space will be for the next couple of years. Those guys are players we want for sure to be around long term and if we can get them extended now, the better. If extensions cannot be worked out, at least we know what were up against next time at the contract table.

Hopefully in the next week or two, we can find a O-lineman and a WR to add to our team. The WR pool is pretty deep compared to the OG pool. I hope we can land Jacob Bell to fill LG and then add DJ Hackett/J. McCariens and Patten/Booker.

WR's {Moose=35yrs old}

Randy Moss-31 will command a lot of $$ and would prefer a contender w/ a QB to get him the ball

Bryant Johnson-27 set to meet Buf - Bears would put him at Moose's spot

DJ Hackett-27 Could replace BB

Javon Walker-29 -Once a proven #1, suffered some bad knee injuries and not sure about character

Marty Booker-32- Once a beloved Bear. Would bring vet leadership and replace Moose

David Patten-34- Solid vet, produces every where he goes

Drew Carter-27- Has speed, but never proved much when given the opportunity when S.Smith was out

Brandon Lloyd-27- A Turner guy at UofI, flopped at Was and showed gator arms

Eric Moulds-35-A solid vet who still can produce

Eddie Kennison-35

Sammie Parker-27

David Givens-28-A Domer who has been solid up until Tenn.

Justin McCariens-29-A NIU grad who'd I love to see in a Bear uni. Showed glances of being a solid WR

Keenan McCardell-38-A solid vet who seems to always have a knack at making the catch

Peerless Price-31

Carlyle Holliday-26-Another Domer that can also throw the pass on a trick play

Tim Dwight-33-a Senoir Welker anyone?

Mike Williams-24 USC player many wanted instead of Benson, This is almost as bad a Ryan Leaf

OG- Not many Olineman talent left so I'd hope JA would make this a higher priority.

Jacob Bell-27 Would still cost a lot of dough, but the Bears need to make the Oline their strengh

Jake Scott-27 Looked solid at Indy, but many say it's the system.

Womack - 29 A solid G at Seattle

judging by that list the only two receivers I would want are Hackett and/or Booker, and Jacob Bell for LG.

JA-Better call Bell's agent soon.......

Rams | J. Bell to visit Monday

Sat, 1 Mar 2008 19:42:37 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports free-agent OG Jacob Bell (Titans) is scheduled to visit the St. Louis Rams Monday, March 3.

JA-Better call Bell's agent soon.......

Rams | J. Bell to visit Monday

Sat, 1 Mar 2008 19:42:37 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports free-agent OG Jacob Bell (Titans) is scheduled to visit the St. Louis Rams Monday, March 3.

I don't know much about Bell other then he's a top guard who's still availble. But why isn't Tennessee going after him? They're at the top when it comes to money available to spend on free agents. Why aren't they going after there own guy?

I'm just wondering. I have no idea who the hell Bell is, but if he's the best guard available, we'd better go get him.

I would love it if the Bears gave Mike Williams a shot. He still has all the talent in the world, vice-grip hands, and can match up physically, dominate even, just about every DB in the league. It's just that he's got an attitude problem, and a possible work ethic issue.

Why not sign him cheap, tell him he's in a legit battle for the spot Moose left, and see what happens? Maybe the guy is finally ready to buckle down and show why he was drafted in the first.

It can't hurt. It would be relatively cheap. Could pan out huge though. The possible rewards outweight the risks.

I would love it if the Bears gave Mike Williams a shot. He still has all the talent in the world, vice-grip hands, and can match up physically, dominate even, just about every DB in the league. It's just that he's got an attitude problem, and a possible work ethic issue.

Why not sign him cheap, tell him he's in a legit battle for the spot Moose left, and see what happens? Maybe the guy is finally ready to buckle down and show why he was drafted in the first.

It can't hurt. It would be relatively cheap. Could pan out huge though. The possible rewards outweight the risks.

In the past year Mike Williams was traded from Detroit, dumped by Oakland, and not wanted by Tennessee. All I have to say is this: He couldn't beat out Justin Gage for a position. Wow.

I undersand the thought idea that he could still be great, but technically so could David Terrell. He's still floating around available I imagine.

There's a reason why 3 teams have dumped him in the past year.

You seem to be the only person that agrees with me that getting Walker would be a great addition.

If Walker was healthy, motivated, and not a pain in the ass, he'd be a great addition. If I thought his productivity would get us over the top, I'd be all for it. I just don't see it happening.