Compensatory Draft Picks.

ASHKUM BEAR

We should find out by the third week of March if we will get compensated for our FA losses in 2007. We will most likely gain (2) 7th RD picks for losing Boone, Worrell, Johnson, and Scott (IMO).

1 Chris Williams OLT

2 Devin Thomas WR

3 Chad Henne QB

3 Quintin Demps S

4 Matt Forte RB

5 Brad Cottam TE

6 Kory Lichtensteiger C/G

7 Jacob Hester FB

7 Jason Rivers WR

7 Lorenzo Williams DT

Like Eddie said, "I like where your head's at."

I'd like see us move Ogun for a 4th round pick (DE is a luxury position for us right now, and we can't really afford luxuries) and do something like this:

1) Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt

2) Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State

3) Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

3) Josh Johnson, QB, San Diego

4) Jerome Simpson, WR, Coastal Carolina

4) Craig Steltz, S, LSU

5) Fernando Velasco, C/G, Georgia

6) Keilen Dykes, DT, West Virginia

7) Adam Bishop, TE, Nevada

7) Bryan Mattison, DE, Iowa

I'd like see us move Ogun for a 4th round pick (DE is a luxury position for us right now, and we can't really afford luxuries) and do something like this:

While I agree that DE is a luxury and is a place where the Bears could trade from a position of strength to fill a need, I find it hard to believe that a 4th rounder would be equal value for the Bears on OGun.

1) Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt

4) Craig Steltz, S, LSU

Mattison has a good motor and plays hard. I'd have no problem going with an Iowa boy for me to root for (my favorite college team along with ND).

While I agree that DE is a luxury and is a place where the Bears could trade from a position of strength to fill a need, I find it hard to believe that a 4th rounder would be equal value for the Bears on OGun.

I agree, no way we give up Ogun for a 4th.

Guest TerraTor

Looks like every pick this year will be a reach. Lets shore up the Oline early so we can draft another useless RB in the 3rd. And hopefully SeaBass can take himself outta the game a little later. Friggin joke

Looks like every pick this year will be a reach. Lets shore up the Oline early so we can draft another useless RB in the 3rd. And hopefully SeaBass can take himself outta the game a little later. Friggin joke

I assume some part of that is meant to be sarcastic, but I honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about. I assume this is another in your long line of "Let's draft Rashard Mendenhall" arguments?

I fail to see why Mendenhall is such a sure thing in your mind. He's coming off one good year (except for a good game against Penn State in 06) where he racked up most of his yard against Indiana, Wisconsin, Ball State, and Minnesota (ranked 102nd, 34th, 103rd, and 92nd in rushing defense respectively). He had great numbers in the Rose Bowl against a good USC defense, but the game wasn't particularly close at any point. He's coming from a spread-option that doesn't exactly translate easily to the pro-style offense. And you want him to run behind a line that clearly did not open up holes for its runners last year. I don't see how that's recipe for success.

1) Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt

4) Craig Steltz, S, LSU

???

BTW, I like the draft, except I'd rather go with a G at 3, and then Johnson with our 2nd 3rd like you have. We can get Forte in the 4th. I like Simpson, so nice pick there, and Steltz is so-so. I'd rather see them get another S there.

1) Jeff Otah, OT, Pitt

4) Craig Steltz, S, LSU

Its a luxury until a guy who had 12 sacks as a rookie to only 5 the next season or when the dreaded injury bug hits. The Bears can not afford to trade Ogun unless they get a quality proven player in return like Chad Johnson which would never happen.