32 Players to watch in 2008

adam

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-3...o&type=lgns

Chicago Bears: Greg Olsen, TE

Despite catching 39 balls last season, Olsen looked like an underutilized piece for the Bears. And now that Bernard Berrian and Muhsin Muhammad are gone, he should become a more favored target, even with the increased roles of Devin Hester and Mark Bradley in the receiving corps. In fact, it might be Olsen – and not Hester – who develops into the toughest matchup in the passing game.

I think Robinson is right. You have to believe the Bears will implement more 2 TE packages this year in the Passing game.

you have to believe the Bears will implement more 2 TE packages this year in the Passing game.

I believed it last year. Now? I simply see no reason why I should believe he will use to 2 TE package any more than sparingly this year. I think we will see plenty of Olsen, but it will come at the expense of Clark. I think Turner will rotate the two in such a way as it often makes our offense predictable based on TE package. Olsen in, the odds are we pass. Clark in, more likely we run, but better chance w/ Clark to mix it up than Olsen.

I would LOVE to believe different, but need evidence before I can, and the evidence thus far indicates Turner is simply not a 2 TE package coach.

I believed it last year. Now? I simply see no reason why I should believe he will use to 2 TE package any more than sparingly this year. I think we will see plenty of Olsen, but it will come at the expense of Clark. I think Turner will rotate the two in such a way as it often makes our offense predictable based on TE package. Olsen in, the odds are we pass. Clark in, more likely we run, but better chance w/ Clark to mix it up than Olsen.

I would LOVE to believe different, but need evidence before I can, and the evidence thus far indicates Turner is simply not a 2 TE package coach.

You're right, I am probably being a little unrealistic.

However, with the loss of Berrian and Moose, you have to believe that Olsen will play a much bigger role in the offense this year. :pray

Is Turner still the OC?

If yes, then disregard the article. Olsen will continue to be mismanaged.

Rookie or not, you are a moron as an OC if you have a goal-line fade called to just about anyone other than the massive, young, rookie, TE with strength, height, great hands, and the physical tools that make him too much for nearly any single DB in the league.