New Mock

ASHKUM BEAR

Really??? How many times do you remember him making guys miss in the backfield? He was making people miss and breaking tackles in the secondary.

And everyone could tell when AP was on the field as opposed to Taylor, huh? AP's ypc was 5.6. Taylor's was 5.4. Shoot AP's longest run was 73 yards. TAylor's was 84 yards. Hell Mewelde Moore's ypc was 5.7. Looks to me like it didn't matter who was behind that line, they were getting 5 and a half yards per pop.

And you want to look at Miami? Lets do it. Brown had 5.1 ypc, Jessie Chapman had 4.0 ypc and Lorenzo Booker had 4.5 ypc. Looks like the line was pretty good.

And two years ago Benson was not considered a "bust" . He was a nice compliment to TJ who knew how to get north/south when TJ danced too much. The Super Bowl year TJ and BEnson both averaged THE SAME behind a good line 4.1 ypc.

Look at this year. Benson 3.4 ypc and TJ 3.6 both behind worse lines. And to bring TJ into the discussion on how important a line is, just makes the point for me. If you look over his career, TJ's production is directly tied to the line he plays behind.

The only way a running back makes a line look better is if the back is one of the greatest in NFL history. Like a Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. And the only time Payton won a Super Bowl was when the line was awesome.

And its pretty easy to believe that a line can go from good (they were never considered great) to garbage especially if some people get injured and 30 somethings get a year older. And I would love to see your statistical evidence that without TJ our line was "exposed". What statistical facts do you use to prove that?

ARE you serious? A year older makes them fall apart? WTF??

It's pointless to even try to expain it to you, but you're really mis-led if you think that our line went terrible in one year. TJ's Ypc as our feature back were much better than benson this past year, and that alone speaks for itself. There may have been injuries this past year, but newsflash it's the NFL that happens every year. Point is that it's not all on the oline for their performance, a little , but the fact that we don't have a game changing rb has defenses playing us differently than what they did with tj back there. And c'mon only sanders and payton make line's look better? That a load of H.S. Rb's can make a line look just as good as lines can make rb look good. A great line could open a huge hole but the rb has to have the vision to see it! Benson getting hit in the b.f. has a lot to do with the fact that teams are blitzing the sh*t out of us b/c they can easily catch benson, he has no second gear and poor vision. How many runs over 20yds did he have? I'm not even going to talk to you about AP's performance against us you were obviously not watching that game( what'd the allstar line do in the second game?). What about tomlinson would he suck behind our line? You'd probably say yes to that too. Point is that rb is just as much a need as oline this year and if a higher quality rb is on the board a smart man would take him.

I AM SERIOUS!!!! A year older on guys that are already old can have a drastic effect. Plus little nicks and injuries result in worse play for older guys.

You think that people blitzed us last year because they thought they could catch Benson. And you blame him getting hit in the backfield on poor vision? That is what is a load of h.s. How is he supposed to get to a second gear if he is hit in the backfield? lol What you are saying just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And what is pointless is to compare TJ's ypc two years ago to Benson's last year. I gave you their ypc for both of them last year. Its a wonder how the great vision and second gear of TJ led him to 1 touchdown and 3.6 ypc. How do you explain such a drop in production?

And the second game of Vikes vs Bears..... here are some quotes from ESPN's analysis:

"Trampled by Adrian Peterson the last time they met, Brian Urlacher and the Chicago Bears figured out how to stop Minnesota's star rookie for the better part of three quarters. At least until it really counted." and "In the second half, the Vikings started running the ball to the left side with RB Adrian Peterson gaining 56 of his 78 yards after halftime. Going behind the power blocking of OT Bryant McKinnie and OG Steve Hutchinson, Peterson managed to give the ground game a jump start, which helped the Vikings to overcome a three-interception performance by QB Tarvaris Jackson."

Look at that....when AP started running behind an All Star combo at guard and tackle, he did better. Kind of supports my argument, doesn't it.