Forget Mendenhall....

ASHKUM BEAR

For all those that think we'll either take Mendenhall, or let him slip to the Lions, you might reconsider.

I'll agree with Madlith that he is Top10 material, I watched him quite a bit and he will be the real deal. If he does make it to our pick at 14, JA will be on the hot seat to make the right decision, but IMO he'll luck out b/c Mendenhall will be long gone and there Bears will get the best player for there team. Here's my prediction.

1 Miami- Needs DE, DT, QB, WR, and OL.

Chris Long DE-Long will be an ideal fit for Parcells to build his 3-4 D. With the face of there franchise J. Taylor being slowly pushed out the door, they will bring in a new face in Howies boy Chris.

2 St. Louis- Needs DE, DT, OL, DB

Vernon Gohlston DE- Everyone has Jake Long slotted here b/c they need to replace the aging O. Pace and protect Jackson/Bulger. Pace will still contribute and they have Barron who can slide over if necessary, also Long is probably going to be a RT in the NFL, so is that really the right player to spend 25mil or so on?

3. Atlanta-Needs QB, OL, DT, CB

Jake Long OT- Matt Ryan is a possiblity, and I know Atl has a ton of picks in the first three RD's, so I see them taking the same route as Cleveland and drafting there franchise OT and then there QB by either trading up or waiting to RD2.

4. Oakland- Needs RB, WR, DT, OL

Darren McFadden RB - They do have other needs that are bigger than RB, but the just signed there DT to a record amount of money, so I don't see them locking up more $$ at the same position with the first pick. McFadden and Russell will rejuvenate the offense with excitement as long as Russell can stop eating for a while.

5. Kansas City - Needs OT, DT, QB, DB

Sedrick Ellis DT- There just isn't a OT slotted high enough that fits the Chiefs bill. Clady/Otah/Albert/Williams are all going to be worthy, but DT is also a need and Otah/Alberts will be slight reaches if taken at 5.

6. New York Jets- Needs DE, CB, RB, QB, WR, OL

Rashard Mendenhall RB :o -Thats right! They upgraded there oline with Faneca, they could use a QB, but are not in love with Ryan, and theres really not a DE they want at #6 either. Mendenhall will be a beast running behind De'Brickenshaw and Faneca and Bears fans will be crying.

7. New England- Needs LB, CB, S, OL

Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB- It's between McKelvin or DRC, because CB is there biggest need now that Samuel is gone.

8. Baltimore- Needs QB, OL, CB

Matt Ryan QB- Ryan stays close to home and the Ravens hope they have there franchise QB.

9. Cincinatti- Needs DT, LB, OL, RB, WR, CB

Glen Dorsey DT- The Bengals need to bring leadership and good quality to there franchise. Dorsey was a leader at LSU and will fill there hole at DT which they tried to fill prior to the draft in FA.

10. New Orleans- Needs LB, CB, DT,

Keith Rivers LB- The Saints have one of the highest scoring offense's in the NFL, there D is the complete opposite and allow the most points. LB has been on the top of the Saints wish list for years, and now they make the right choice.

11. Buffalo- Needs WR, CB, DE, LB

Leodis McKelvin CB-The Bills want to continue building the cover-2. They really consider bringing in DE Harvey, but have CB McKelvin higher on there board.

12. Denver- Needs DT, OT, DB, WR, RB

Ryan Clady OT- Clady is a perfect fit for Denvers ZBS. He won't have to adjust much, so his wonderlic won't affect his abilities too much.

13. Carolina- Needs DE, RB, LB, QB, DB, OL

Derrick Harvey DE- Carolina just signed there two OT's and have signed G's Milford Brown and Keydrick Vincent, so oline is not a priority. They are hoping Mendenhall falls to them, but he was gone. Harvey will fill a big need at DE for the Panthers.

14. Chicago- Needs OT, RB, WR, QB, S

Chris Williams OT- Don't be suprised if they go B Albert here if they believe he'll be the better OLT in the future. Williams is the best guy who will only truely fit at LT, this will allow Tait to slide to the right side giving the Bears two strengths in one move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I won't go any further :bang

The Bears rest of the draft should go:

2-trade down some how (too high Forte, Henne) maybe w/ Miami @ (57=330 + 64=270)=600 for (44=460 + 90=140)=600

1-14 Chris Williams OLT

2-57 Chad Henne QB

3a-64 Matt Forte RB

3b-70 Mike McGlynn G/OT

4-110 Josh Barrett SS

5-142 Keenan Burton WR

6-175 Barry Booker DT

7-222 Dennis Dixon QB

7-243 Steve Johnson WR

7-247 Cole Bennett TE

7-248 Pierre Garcon WR

well, if the Raiders draft McFadden, that is a definite possibility. However, I doubt the Raiders look RB since they just signed Fargas and still have Rhodes, Jordan (he's still a ?, but if they were planning on cutting him he would have been cut by now), and Bush (who is said to completely healed). I just have a real hard time seeing them drafting a RB. If they let Fargas go, yeah sure, but they didn't let him walk away.

Would you really be suprised regarding anything the Raiders do?

well, if the Raiders draft McFadden, that is a definite possibility. However, I doubt the Raiders look RB since they just signed Fargas and still have Rhodes, Jordan (he's still a ?, but if they were planning on cutting him he would have been cut by now), and Bush (who is said to completely healed). I just have a real hard time seeing them drafting a RB. If they let Fargas go, yeah sure, but they didn't let him walk away.

Dammit! I knew it! ;)

I'd be content with that draft though. At least we wouldn't have passed on him!

For all those that think we'll either take Mendenhall, or let him slip to the Lions, you might reconsider.

I'll agree with Madlith that he is Top10 material, I watched him quite a bit and he will be the real deal. If he does make it to our pick at 14, JA will be on the hot seat to make the right decision, but IMO he'll luck out b/c Mendenhall will be long gone and there Bears will get the best player for there team. Here's my prediction.

1 Miami- Needs DE, DT, QB, WR, and OL.

Chris Long DE-Long will be an ideal fit for Parcells to build his 3-4 D. With the face of there franchise J. Taylor being slowly pushed out the door, they will bring in a new face in Howies boy Chris.

2 St. Louis- Needs DE, DT, OL, DB

Vernon Gohlston DE- Everyone has Jake Long slotted here b/c they need to replace the aging O. Pace and protect Jackson/Bulger. Pace will still contribute and they have Barron who can slide over if necessary, also Long is probably going to be a RT in the NFL, so is that really the right player to spend 25mil or so on?

3. Atlanta-Needs QB, OL, DT, CB

Jake Long OT- Matt Ryan is a possiblity, and I know Atl has a ton of picks in the first three RD's, so I see them taking the same route as Cleveland and drafting there franchise OT and then there QB by either trading up or waiting to RD2.

4. Oakland- Needs RB, WR, DT, OL

Darren McFadden RB - They do have other needs that are bigger than RB, but the just signed there DT to a record amount of money, so I don't see them locking up more $$ at the same position with the first pick. McFadden and Russell will rejuvenate the offense with excitement as long as Russell can stop eating for a while.

5. Kansas City - Needs OT, DT, QB, DB

Sedrick Ellis DT- There just isn't a OT slotted high enough that fits the Chiefs bill. Clady/Otah/Albert/Williams are all going to be worthy, but DT is also a need and Otah/Alberts will be slight reaches if taken at 5.

6. New York Jets- Needs DE, CB, RB, QB, WR, OL

Rashard Mendenhall RB :o -Thats right! They upgraded there oline with Faneca, they could use a QB, but are not in love with Ryan, and theres really not a DE they want at #6 either. Mendenhall will be a beast running behind De'Brickenshaw and Faneca and Bears fans will be crying.

7. New England- Needs LB, CB, S, OL

Dominique Rogers-Cromartie CB- It's between McKelvin or DRC, because CB is there biggest need now that Samuel is gone.

8. Baltimore- Needs QB, OL, CB

Matt Ryan QB- Ryan stays close to home and the Ravens hope they have there franchise QB.

9. Cincinatti- Needs DT, LB, OL, RB, WR, CB

Glen Dorsey DT- The Bengals need to bring leadership and good quality to there franchise. Dorsey was a leader at LSU and will fill there hole at DT which they tried to fill prior to the draft in FA.

10. New Orleans- Needs LB, CB, DT,

Keith Rivers LB- The Saints have one of the highest scoring offense's in the NFL, there D is the complete opposite and allow the most points. LB has been on the top of the Saints wish list for years, and now they make the right choice.

11. Buffalo- Needs WR, CB, DE, LB

Leodis McKelvin CB-The Bills want to continue building the cover-2. They really consider bringing in DE Harvey, but have CB McKelvin higher on there board.

12. Denver- Needs DT, OT, DB, WR, RB

Ryan Clady OT- Clady is a perfect fit for Denvers ZBS. He won't have to adjust much, so his wonderlic won't affect his abilities too much.

13. Carolina- Needs DE, RB, LB, QB, DB, OL

Derrick Harvey DE- Carolina just signed there two OT's and have signed G's Milford Brown and Keydrick Vincent, so oline is not a priority. They are hoping Mendenhall falls to them, but he was gone. Harvey will fill a big need at DE for the Panthers.

14. Chicago- Needs OT, RB, WR, QB, S

Chris Williams OT- Don't be suprised if they go B Albert here if they believe he'll be the better OLT in the future. Williams is the best guy who will only truely fit at LT, this will allow Tait to slide to the right side giving the Bears two strengths in one move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I won't go any further :bang

The Bears rest of the draft should go:

2-trade down some how (too high Forte, Henne) maybe w/ Miami @ (57=330 + 64=270)=600 for (44=460 + 90=140)=600

1-14 Chris Williams OLT

2-57 Chad Henne QB

3a-64 Matt Forte RB

3b-70 Mike McGlynn G/OT

4-110 Josh Barrett SS

5-142 Keenan Burton WR

6-175 Barry Booker DT

7-222 Dennis Dixon QB

7-243 Steve Johnson WR

7-247 Cole Bennett TE

7-248 Pierre Garcon WR