Bears, All-Time Roster

madlithuanian

I'd happily swap Bortz for Covert!

Hilgenberg was a must until I read more about Turner...

I love Duerson too. But I felt Borwn and Plank were more than worthy. Heck, even Fencik is up there.

You could probably make a case for Jimbo Covert, Jay Hilgenberg and Dave Duerson in there. I'd probably take Butler over Gould too.

I'd happily swap Bortz for Covert!

Hilgenberg was a must until I read more about Turner...

I love Duerson too. But I felt Borwn and Plank were more than worthy. Heck, even Fencik is up there.

Dave Duerson's wife, Alicia Duerson at the after the Superbowl party went to Buddy Ryan and thank him for for all he had done to make her husband a better player..Ryan snapped "he wouldnt have played a minute if Todd Bell had been here",he turned on his heels and left Alicia shacking her head at his rudeness.I never liked Ryan,IMO he was a big headed twat.

Then again, didn't Duerson get nailed for beating his wife?

Ryan was a jerk...but a damn brilliant one.

Dave Duerson's wife, Alicia Duerson at the after the Superbowl party went to Buddy Ryan and thank him for for all he had done to make her husband a better player..Ryan snapped "he wouldnt have played a minute if Todd Bell had been here",he turned on his heels and left Alicia shacking her head at his rudeness.I never liked Ryan,IMO he was a big headed twat.

I read Singletary's book not too long ago and evern Ryan was a big jerk to him... But at the end, he had gained respect. I look at Ryan like an old fashioned drill sargeant... Hard to love, easy to respect.

funny but I see Ryan as the grumpy old fart that sits on the park bench feeding the ducks.....