Nice Mock Draft

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

http://thefootballexpert.com/bures2008nflmockdraft3.html

1st - Much as i hate lineman, i wouldnt mind Williams, since it seems to be the consensus. I would hate to be there at 14 (if he's even there) and see the hometown RB sitting there for us, but also, i have a feeling someone may offer even more picks to get up in front of detroit to get him.

2nd - Much rather have chris johnson or possibly charles in the 2nd over Felix Jones. All three are basically the same size and jones wasnt a starter and is the slowest. also, am really starting to like Kevin Smith, ran a 4.43 or 4.47 at his pro day and you can't deny his production. Most of all i seriously cant stand Benson. Hes embarrassing. Every week it was something else with this guy.

3rd - Booty isnt a QB we need to chance. QB Josh Johnson should be the pick if were gonna take a chance. Hawkins is kinda questionable, dont see where Eddie Royal went but he or Dexter Jackson, Markus Monk, someone with more speed would suit me.

4th - Bearnudu, Love small school lineman, to me this is where u find ur starters (drafted) for the Oline. Plus we all know my stand on the 1st round.

5th - Davis (DE/OLB). Like it very much, gets negative hype for strength and shedding blocks, but could be a real nice fit in our D.

6th - Dont really care after the 5th, but the Center pick is pretty pointless. I see Dennis Dixon and my Boy Jacob Hester. No way would i pass on Hester. Forget any workouts, speeds, whatever, the guy is true and true football player. Also has the name of course and we in my opinion could use a fullback who can contribute more.

7th - Like in madden, load up on the fastest guys there. You make your picks whatever you want.

1. I have no problem with Williams, but since Mendenhall was available, I think it's a bad move. It's a reach.

2. I'm just not sold on Jones... I too would rather chance it on Johnson, or grab Flacco here.

3A. Totally agreed! If Booty, why not Josh? Seems the bigger upside. But even more so, if we went OL w/ #1, then I'd shoot for Forte. A slight reach, but not really.

3B. Hawkins...fine by me. Seems as good as any.

4. I've heard a bit more that Soa's more versitile...and we could use that.

5. I'd rather take Butler or Z here...

6. Good, but I like Dizon.

7. Sure...why not.

1st - Much as i hate lineman, i wouldnt mind Williams, since it seems to be the consensus. I would hate to be there at 14 (if he's even there) and see the hometown RB sitting there for us, but also, i have a feeling someone may offer even more picks to get up in front of detroit to get him.

2nd - Much rather have chris johnson or possibly charles in the 2nd over Felix Jones. All three are basically the same size and jones wasnt a starter and is the slowest. also, am really starting to like Kevin Smith, ran a 4.43 or 4.47 at his pro day and you can't deny his production. Most of all i seriously cant stand Benson. Hes embarrassing. Every week it was something else with this guy.

3rd - Booty isnt a QB we need to chance. QB Josh Johnson should be the pick if were gonna take a chance. Hawkins is kinda questionable, dont see where Eddie Royal went but he or Dexter Jackson, Markus Monk, someone with more speed would suit me.

4th - Bearnudu, Love small school lineman, to me this is where u find ur starters (drafted) for the Oline. Plus we all know my stand on the 1st round.

5th - Davis (DE/OLB). Like it very much, gets negative hype for strength and shedding blocks, but could be a real nice fit in our D.

6th - Dont really care after the 5th, but the Center pick is pretty pointless. I see Dennis Dixon and my Boy Jacob Hester. No way would i pass on Hester. Forget any workouts, speeds, whatever, the guy is true and true football player. Also has the name of course and we in my opinion could use a fullback who can contribute more.

7th - Like in madden, load up on the fastest guys there. You make your picks whatever you want.

Guest TerraTor
1. I have no problem with Williams, but since Mendenhall was available, I think it's a bad move. It's a reach.

2. I'm just not sold on Jones... I too would rather chance it on Johnson, or grab Flacco here.

3A. Totally agreed! If Booty, why not Josh? Seems the bigger upside. But even more so, if we went OL w/ #1, then I'd shoot for Forte. A slight reach, but not really.

3B. Hawkins...fine by me. Seems as good as any.

4. I've heard a bit more that Soa's more versitile...and we could use that.

5. I'd rather take Butler or Z here...

6. Good, but I like Dizon.

7. Sure...why not.

Dont get me wrong, us not taking Mendenhall will be hard to get over and make it an even longer summer for me..

Aside from pretty much the first round, I hate it.

I will be upset with Felix Jones in the second when there is Forte in the late third. And I won't even mention the fact that Chris Johnson is better...and several other better values later.

I will be upset with JD Booty in the third when there is Josh Johnson, Brennan, Ainge, and Dixon still out there.

I would despise this draft.

What it should have been if the other picks played out relatively similar:

1) OT Chris Williams - or Branden Albert if someone is going for the upside pick.

2) WR Devin Thomas - This pick shapes the rest of the draft. There should be a ton of talent left, but it's possible a certain position is sucked dry. In this case, it appears that the top-end WR talent is still there. I don't like the way the draft played out for the Bears, but at this point I think Thomas is good.

3a) OG Chilo Rachal - Possibly the best OG in the draft

3b) RB Matt Forte - Solid RB pickup in case Benson drops further

4) OG Mackenzy Bernadeau - I don't mind this pick. Either that, or more OL depth with T Kirk Barton from Ohio State.

5) S Tom Zbikowski - Sure, he has his faults. But to get him in the fifth round is pretty good. He is a smart, tough player, and could very well start over most other guys on the team. At least he understands angles and tackling.

6) QB Dennis Dixon - This guy pretty much had the Heisman wrapped up, and was a slightly slower Vick, but with more accuracy before the injury. This is a HUGE upside pick.

7) This is purely for depth. DT, DE, WR, maybe another OL is what I'd go for. Whatever floats JA's boat.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind it terribly if the Bears picked up Dennis Dixon in the 5th, and then grabbed Jacob Hester in the 6th.

I think this guy reaches on all the QB picks. To have 4 qbs picked in 2 rounds in a draft that has been labeled as a weak QB draft. Dont think so. I actually am starting to believe Matt ryan drops to us and possibly past us.

Now that is what I am talking about. I would take Albert, but also like Williams. Throw in Rachal, and I would be doing cartwheels.

I do not see us drafting WR day one, but then again, if Thomas fell, I would jump. I do not see any chance of this though, as I am reading more and more that he is considered the top WR this year, and likely the first WR off the board.

I am not as high on Forte as some, but for a late 3rd, hell yes.

I would love your mock, and while I realize you are going off the mock slotting provided, I simply do not think most of those key players after the 1st will be available in those slots come draft day.

I could live with that...and agree about Dixon in the 5th as well...

1) OT Chris Williams - or Branden Albert if someone is going for the upside pick.

2) WR Devin Thomas - This pick shapes the rest of the draft. There should be a ton of talent left, but it's possible a certain position is sucked dry. In this case, it appears that the top-end WR talent is still there. I don't like the way the draft played out for the Bears, but at this point I think Thomas is good.

4) OG Mackenzy Bernadeau - I don't mind this pick. Either that, or more OL depth with T Kirk Barton from Ohio State.

5) S Tom Zbikowski - Sure, he has his faults. But to get him in the fifth round is pretty good. He is a smart, tough player, and could very well start over most other guys on the team. At least he understands angles and tackling.

6) QB Dennis Dixon - This guy pretty much had the Heisman wrapped up, and was a slightly slower Vick, but with more accuracy before the injury. This is a HUGE upside pick.

7) This is purely for depth. DT, DE, WR, maybe another OL is what I'd go for. Whatever floats JA's boat.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind it terribly if the Bears picked up Dennis Dixon in the 5th, and then grabbed Jacob Hester in the 6th.

I love this myself, but I don't know that Forte is gonna last until the end of the 3rd round. I am thinking middle to end of the 2nd...