Urlacher says reports are B.S.

vegas1211

Per the Tribune and Pro Football Talk, Urlacher is saying that the report in the Sun-Times is false. He stated that he never threatened to quit or be traded,a nd that he wants to stay in Chicago. He also said that the Bears have offered a one-year extension and that his agents are great and working on a deal for him. He also stated that his neck and back are feeling fine and that he is rehabbing well.

"As the World Turns..."

Freakin' soap opera crud...

Can we just have the dang draft this weekend already!?

Per the Tribune and Pro Football Talk, Urlacher is saying that the report in the Sun-Times is false. He stated that he never threatened to quit or be traded,a nd that he wants to stay in Chicago. He also said that the Bears have offered a one-year extension and that his agents are great and working on a deal for him. He also stated that his neck and back are feeling fine and that he is rehabbing well.

I am sure this is all "technically" true.

If his agent asked for a trade, then Urlacher can honestly say "he" himself never asked.

If his agent talked of retirement, then Urlacher can honestly say "he" himself never mentioned it.

Players do this all the time. They know full well what their agents are doing, but use those agents as a shield.

As for wanting to be a bear, sure he does. Hey, recall how negative Briggs often got, and yet still would say at the end of the day that he wanted to be a bear.

That's what I thought. I hate reporters. I hate reporters (aka columnists, aka WTF ever) almost as much as I hate greedy athletes.

The way I figure it, it goes something like this:

Pro Athlete > Snake > Reporter > Greedy Pro Athlete > Keanu Reeves