Chris Williams has medical issues?

butkusrules

I guess word locally is that Chris Williams is the Bears pick. (espnradio1000 radioshow host Dan McNeil said his sources inside halas told him)

BUt then i see this

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr.../wwhi042308.htm

The greatest need of the Texans, at No. 18, is a left tackle, and Vanderbilt’s Chris Williams could be available. The way we hear it, concerns about the variations in the size of Williams’ arms and legs, with one being shorter than the opposite limb, could affect his status. Furthermore, multiple team sources say he has been removed from consideration on their draft boards for medical reasons, which could play into the Texans’ favor.

Hope Bears medical staff is up to snuff.

Stupidest thing I ever heard. Everybody has one limb (or limbs) longer than the other. Humans are not symmetrical. This certainly sounds like some teams are spreading some "downside" rumors hoping to have someone drop to them.

just assuming, but the way the article written i dont think the long arm is his only medical issue.

So Chris Williams is only good enough for the Texans, who really need o-line help, at 18...huh...sounds like disinformation to me. If a player has a significant medical issue that would cause him to be taken off teams boards it would have been very public, especially if the player is viable first round draft pick.

I call shenanigans and give this article my stamp of BS approval.

So Chris Williams is only good enough for the Texans, who really need o-line help, at 18...huh...sounds like disinformation to me. If a player has a significant medical issue that would cause him to be taken off teams boards it would have been very public, especially if the player is viable first round draft pick.

I call shenanigans and give this article my stamp of BS approval.

probably right but the article mentions multiple teams. I am guessing Denver is not one of them.

Don Banks had this in his mock draft.

"The Broncos offensive line needs help, nowhere more than at the left tackle position vacated by the retired Matt Lepsis. Denver reportedly has Williams -- Jay Cutler's former college teammate -- rated ahead of both Boise State tackle Ryan Clady and Virginia guard/tackle Branden Albert. Illinois running back Rashard Mendenhall is the skill-prospect who could tempt Mike Shanahan."

I'm calling BS. Let's take a step back for a moment. The guy goes through physicals at the combine, and all this info is known, well know, and yet his value/grade remained high. Stays high through school pro day, private workouts and interviews. Now, a day or two before the draft, info begins to leak about medical issues and this and that.

This is Houston putting out crap hoping Deven, who some now believe likes Williams over Clady, to think twice about taking him.

I'm calling BS. Let's take a step back for a moment. The guy goes through physicals at the combine, and all this info is known, well know, and yet his value/grade remained high. Stays high through school pro day, private workouts and interviews. Now, a day or two before the draft, info begins to leak about medical issues and this and that.

This is Houston putting out crap hoping Deven, who some now believe likes Williams over Clady, to think twice about taking him.

Our #1 need was OT. We take our OT at #14, and offensive tackles are taken at #15, #17, #19, #21, and #23.

On hindisght that's a damn smart pick.

I would also add that Williams is easily the better OT right now. I keep hearing people concerned about his strength, but he only put up two fewer reps than Albert did (21 to 23). Williams was by far the more effective lineman as well. Williams gave up 1 sack last year while Albert gave up 5.5. And while I understand people were high on Albert because he played two good games at LT, I feel like it's kind of silly to weigh two starts against Pittsburgh and Middle Tennessee State more than Williams' consistently dominating work at LT every week for two years.