Pick by Pick Analysis

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

1. Chris Williams - Pretty much a certainty on drafting a LT. Dont understand why it was him, if we wanna be a running team isnt this guy a fantastic pass blocking OT? To me all OL are the same so wont argue it.

2. Forte - Still upset we made no play at Mendenhall but it was either Forte or Kevin Smith as our RB, but thought we shoulda taken Brohm (Or Henne, bleck) and/or aquired another 2nd rounder and taken either of the above. Forte will immediately loved in chicago and will probably open the door for Benson to leave.

3. Earl Bennett - Dont really like it. With a rather shitty WR class, at least take a guy with crazy speed. We dont need any more possession "recievers". Basic Angelo "eh?" pick

3a. Marcus Harrison - Could be the steal of the draft if he keeps his head outta his ass.

4. Craig Steltz - Love the choice. Demps may have been the more athletic Safety, but steltz is probably the better football player, goodbye Archullessa.

5. Zack Bowman - Dont really care, but a steal or irrelevant guy. Great size and speed so who knows.

5a. Kellen Davis - Dont understand it at all, especially without getting a QB. Dont know what hell bring really, but two huge and fast TEs could help any QB out.

7abcde. Dont care, but love Marcus Monk - With good rehab and some luck may be a super-steal/super-star. Has great chance to make the team considering his competition.

Overall Ill say B. Will take a strong effort from Forte for people to forget about the Mendenhall issue, but in time should work out. I think we shoulda taken a better road blocker rather than Williams,but how hard can it be to Run Block, plus i think OLmen are basically the same anyway....

1. Chris Williams - Pretty much a certainty on drafting a LT. Dont understand why it was him, if we wanna be a running team isnt this guy a fantastic pass blocking OT? To me all OL are the same so wont argue it.

2. Forte - Still upset we made no play at Mendenhall but it was either Forte or Kevin Smith as our RB, but thought we shoulda taken Brohm (Or Henne, bleck) and/or aquired another 2nd rounder and taken either of the above. Forte will immediately loved in chicago and will probably open the door for Benson to leave.

3. Earl Bennett - Dont really like it. With a rather shitty WR class, at least take a guy with crazy speed. We dont need any more possession "recievers". Basic Angelo "eh?" pick

3a. Marcus Harrison - Could be the steal of the draft if he keeps his head outta his ass.

4. Craig Steltz - Love the choice. Demps may have been the more athletic Safety, but steltz is probably the better football player, goodbye Archullessa.

5. Zack Bowman - Dont really care, but a steal or irrelevant guy. Great size and speed so who knows.

5a. Kellen Davis - Dont understand it at all, especially without getting a QB. Dont know what hell bring really, but two huge and fast TEs could help any QB out.

7abcde. Dont care, but love Marcus Monk - With good rehab and some luck may be a super-steal/super-star. Has great chance to make the team considering his competition.

Overall Ill say B. Will take a strong effort from Forte for people to forget about the Mendenhall issue, but in time should work out. I think we shoulda taken a better road blocker rather than Williams,but how hard can it be to Run Block, plus i think OLmen are basically the same anyway....

1. Chris Williams (A) will be an upgrade at 2 positions and the knock on him is not his run blocking just his demeanor he can run block he just isnt nasty enough and if you listen to his interview on the score he sounds like excellent character.

2. Forte (B) wanted Mendenhall would have gone nuts if we traded back up for him but Forte is more of a complete back than Mendenhall but his ceiling is not as high. Forte will beat out Benson hard worker tough guy.

3a. Earl Bennet © Led SEC in Catches a possession receiver who I think will be our number one in two years but it gets the low grade because who was on board still (Manningham, and Doucet)

3b. Marcus Harrison (A++) Steal of the draft will push Dusty great insurance policy against Tommie and kinda gives me that Mark Anderson feel

4.Craig Steltz (B-) Good pick this marks the end of Archuletta hes a better bigger version of him

5a. Zack Bowman (C+) The Upside is excellent he is a big physical corner but we locked up our 2 young corners found diamonds in McBride and Corey Graham corner should have been a later round pick but this could mean the end of RMJ which i dont mind Bowman might even beat out McBride if he pans out.

5b. Kellen Davis (F) This is the worst pick from JA in a long time even worse than Bazuin in the 2nd because high rated prospects were still on the board and he doesnt fill a need. I know we needed a TE but a blocking TE and Kellen Davis is not that ( Schuneing, Nicks, Josh Johnson, Owen Schmitt) JA this guy would have been there in the 7th. Not to mention that we have one of the best TE tandems in the league.

7a. Ervin Baldwin © How many DE's are we gonna have on this team its the 7th round so i cant really complain.

7b.Chester Adams © Depth

7c. Joey Laroque (NA) Will not make the team maybe Practice Squad

7d. Kirk Barton (B) Some had him going in th 5th good steal Big 10 guy with experience

7e. Marcus Monk (A) Grade is on upside alone could be the next Colston

Overall the grade is B. Nothing to be to excited about except for maybe the RB competition and the Safety Competition but we filled some needs and got some good value.

Worst Pick: Kellen Davis

Best Pick: Marcus Harrison

Sleeper: Zack Bowman

Disappointment: Craig Steltz

HUH? What the hell are you talking about when you mention the "Mendenhall issue"? The dude went as the fourth RB taken! I'd say that very few will have to get over the "Mendenhall issue".

I'd probably rate our draft about a C-. I think the grade would have gone up if we woulda draft Mendenhall cuz he will make a more notable impact than a Chris Williams but you can't fault Angelo for drafted a mega need here. I like the Monk pick, hated absolutely hated the tight end pick, and I like the Forte kid. It was either him or Kevin Smith.

Colin Cowheard thought the Tight End made our draft one of the top 3 of all teams. Said the guy is an awesome speciman, I'm not a big fan of Desmond Clark personally. Olson will be great if Grossman can get on the same page, Only Griese had chemistry with Olson last year.