My conspiracy theory

jason

Let's put everything together...

1) Reports have come out that he hated being drafted by the Bears, thus the crying

2) Numerous stupid statements in the media - begins to irritate the fan-base

3) Hold out - immediately getting the management and city against him

4) Pouting because he was behind TJ, a superior RB as far as production (and biceps) - irritates all

5) More stupid comments - Irritation level rising

6) Allegations of playing soft, and not playing while hurt (read: hurt is not injured) - irritates teammates

7) Bears cut Tank - precedent set

8) Boat incident

Pause. This is where we need to pause and realize that this guy KNEW he was on thin ice.

9) Late night driving incident

Pause again. He knew he was on thin ice, and was taking heat from all over the place. So he decides to push the envelope a little. He didn't want to do anything bad like robbing a bank, just enough to push the front office. It's a stupid-smart movie. It's stupid to break the law, but the end result could work towards what he wants.

10) He realizes the driving incident wasn't enough

11) DUI - He pretty much knows that this is the final straw. He has talked to Lovie, to JA, and everyone else of importance. He knows that he's gone. And he's SMILING IN HIS MUG SHOT.

12) Bears cut him...and the "I'm so sorry. I know I should have done better."-BS statement comes moments later

13)?????

I think 13 will be "Benson signs with Texans". Or maybe the Cowboys will take yet another talented former Bear with character issues.

I'm not one into conspiracy theories, but I believe Benson's actions speak louder than his words. I actually think it is linked to his surgery. He has probably been told that he will not be the same back when he returns to his 80% max speed. So for him, he is basically giving up, and his poor choices reflect someone who just doesn't care anymore. The smiling mugshot speaks volumes as well.

You can add these:

The hard hits he took in training camp from the defense

Him calling out the o-line for not blocking

Goodell's new policies

Jason,

It's a fun read! However, the biggest question behind any conspiracy theory is "why"? Would it be to solely play in Texas somewhere? I just don't think that's the case. I think the guys just has no heart and is a f up...

BTW - If he never wanted to be a Bear, I'm glad that door hit him on his way out.

Let's put everything together...

1) Reports have come out that he hated being drafted by the Bears, thus the crying

2) Numerous stupid statements in the media - begins to irritate the fan-base

3) Hold out - immediately getting the management and city against him

4) Pouting because he was behind TJ, a superior RB as far as production (and biceps) - irritates all

5) More stupid comments - Irritation level rising

6) Allegations of playing soft, and not playing while hurt (read: hurt is not injured) - irritates teammates

7) Bears cut Tank - precedent set

8) Boat incident

Pause. This is where we need to pause and realize that this guy KNEW he was on thin ice.

9) Late night driving incident

Pause again. He knew he was on thin ice, and was taking heat from all over the place. So he decides to push the envelope a little. He didn't want to do anything bad like robbing a bank, just enough to push the front office. It's a stupid-smart movie. It's stupid to break the law, but the end result could work towards what he wants.

10) He realizes the driving incident wasn't enough

11) DUI - He pretty much knows that this is the final straw. He has talked to Lovie, to JA, and everyone else of importance. He knows that he's gone. And he's SMILING IN HIS MUG SHOT.

12) Bears cut him...and the "I'm so sorry. I know I should have done better."-BS statement comes moments later

13)?????

I think 13 will be "Benson signs with Texans". Or maybe the Cowboys will take yet another talented former Bear with character issues.

Nice story, but I don't buy it.

If Benson simply wanted out, he could likely have done it w/ his mouth, rather than w/ an incident that will likely cause him to be suspended by the league, not to mention the actual legal issues he will be facing.

If Benson simply wanted out, he could have (a) skipped voluntary workouts (B) mouthed off at the organization. Benson was on thin ice, and if he simply wanted out, I do not think it would have been hard for him to have forced his way out. Hell, if he simply went to Angelo and told him he wanted out, I think Angelo may have let him out. There was no need for him to get into trouble w/ the law.

Jason,

It's a fun read! However, the biggest question behind any conspiracy theory is "why"? Would it be to solely play in Texas somewhere? I just don't think that's the case. I think the guys just has no heart and is a f up...

BTW - If he never wanted to be a Bear, I'm glad that door hit him on his way out.

But don't you see!?!? That's why he went "speeding". He wanted to look like he wasn't quitting, but just happened to -oops! - run into a little more trouble. B)