Your starting wide receivers

jackie hayes

No, seriously. Rotoworld:

Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner claims that WRs Brandon Lloyd and Devin Hester will start with the first team when training camp opens today.

Stay far, far away from the Bears offense this season. Even if Marty Booker, Mark Bradley, or Earl Bennett leapfrog the dynamic duo, this is not an offense with the ability to transcend another offseason's failure to upgrade. If the Bears are lucky, the Orton-to-Lloyd alliance may sniff the legendary double shock power of the Dolphins Fiedler-to-Gadsden connection earlier in the decade. Jul. 23 - 9:14 am et

Source: Chicago Sun Times

So...I guess we'll be running between the tackles, then.

Maybe we can run that play they run in Longest Yard where the O-Line goes out and stands in front of the WRs, only for Rex/Kyle to throw Hester/Lloyd the ball and for the line to block all the way down field.

:shakehead

Good! And I am being serious. That's who I want to see starting (assuming they deserve it.)

Hester has become the face of this franchise & one of the most explosive players in the NFL. How the hell does he not get a starting job over the likes of Booker, Bradley, Lloyd . . .

I personally don't want to see him on every play. We need to keep him fresh for special teams. But just because he's listed as the starter doesn't mean he has to be in on the first play. Here's how I see it:

We open up at Indy. If we win the coin toss do you think they'll want to open their new stadium with Mr. Ridiculous repeating what he did in the Super Bowl? Hell no. They'll kick out of bounds. So why not have Hester in on the first play? It's not like he'll be tired.

As for Lloyd starting, we've heard nothing but good things about him. If he's outperforming Booker, then he should start over Booker. Period.

Good! And I am being serious. That's who I want to see starting (assuming they deserve it.)

Hester has become the face of this franchise & one of the most explosive players in the NFL. How the hell does he not get a starting job over the likes of Booker, Bradley, Lloyd . . .

I personally don't want to see him on every play. We need to keep him fresh for special teams. But just because he's listed as the starter doesn't mean he has to be in on the first play. Here's how I see it:

We open up at Indy. If we win the coin toss do you think they'll want to open their new stadium with Mr. Ridiculous repeating what he did in the Super Bowl? Hell no. They'll kick out of bounds. So why not have Hester in on the first play? It's not like he'll be tired.

As for Lloyd starting, we've heard nothing but good things about him. If he's outperforming Booker, then he should start over Booker. Period.

Well, everybody wants to see those two start "assuming they deserve it". But I don't see how either one can possibly deserve it over Booker at this point. Going by the recent past, we'd say Booker is not explosive, but he's got everything else -- runs good routes, good hands, good blocker. Also going by the recent past, we'd say Hester can't do any of those three, though he is explosive, and Lloyd has just sucked every which way. If they win the jobs after training camp, okay, but based on minicamp and OTAs? Hell, no.

Plus, I'd like to have at least one wr capable of blocking seeing the field regularly.

He's not the starter any more with this holdout crap he's pulling.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's too bad Devin doesn't have D. Rosenhause. It just seems like Jerry is really good at working with him and not to metion that Plaxico isn't pulling this crap with the giants. I think Drew learned his lesson with the TO debacle. Hester I'm sure will learn his, especially when he reports by Aug 5 only to learn that he's 5th on the depth chart and regulated back to kick returns and situational receiver. If he wanted to get his "payday" I would think that proving to the team you play for that you can be a receiver would be a better way to go about it than sitting on the outside crying that you're not being taken seriously. He and his older brother Deion need to grow up and man up. Devin, you play receiver this year great you'll get even richer so shut up and put up!