Cap space?

AZ54

name='AZ54' date='Jul 29 2008, 12:10 AM' post='42432']

Anyone have an idea how much cap space we have left? I'd like to know if we'll be able to do something to help the Oline if a decent vet gets cut.

Thanks for posting that question. I was thinking the same thing yesterday, while posting about our OL and forgot to start one.

Thanks for posting that question. I was thinking the same thing yesterday, while posting about our OL and forgot to start one.

After we signed Rex, Kyle, Alex, Robbie, Nathan, Dallas & Charles, I thought there goes our cap and we are done.

Then we sign Briggs and I am wondering how we had the money? Surely we are now finished for the year.

Then we land the contract for Tommie and I am scratching my bald head wondering what the heck?

Then we go on to sign Urlacher & Hester.

I have no idea where all the money is coming from. We are putting Danny and the Redskins to shame.

If we did all of this along with signing 11 drafted rookies, a handful of undrafted rookies, Booker & LLoyd, who knows what is in store next?

My guess is we will see a serviceable 3rd string QB brought in, no one that we will all agree on, and 1 or 2 veteran OL men.

Should be interesting to say the least.

We can still save money by cutting RMJ (or trading him) and I think that's going to happen. My other vote for being cut after last year was Metcalf but since he's being listed as our starter at LG. However, if we use the money to sign a better LG I'm still ok cutting Metcalf at least until he proves he belongs on our oline.