This seems unlikely for the Bears but interesting none the less

xvflutop

2 comments I found sort of odd in this thread. 1st, rebuilding is not a word you use for the team that was one drive away from the Super Bowl last year...not even sort of. 2nd, the Bears reached the Super Bowl 2 years ago with Rex and made a good showing...and he didn't even have that good of a season, yet we "don't have a chance" at a Super Bowl with Rex or Kyle? You gotta think a comment like that through.

Is Favre 38 yet? He's still not Warren Moon or Rich Gannon old and to say he lacks an injury history would be one of the great understatements in sports history. It's quite possible he has a couple of years left in him (he's coming off a great season after all so that's not just wild speculation) and it's quite possible the Bears have a couple of years left in their "window".

The extra thing to consider though is that Favre is not a rookie and we don't have time to mold him in Turner's form, not that we'd want to even if we could. But how would Turner adjust his offense? Is he capable of doing so? To some extent I bet Turner is scared of having Favre. It would mean a lot of extra work for him and if a Favre-led offense didn't work out, he wouldn't have the inexperienced, mediocre QB excuse to fall back on. I'm sure it's somewhat comforting to Turner that the expectations for the Bears offense are currently low, relatively speaking.

The extra thing to consider though is that Favre is not a rookie and we don't have time to mold him in Turner's form, not that we'd want to even if we could. But how would Turner adjust his offense? Is he capable of doing so? To some extent I bet Turner is scared of having Favre. It would mean a lot of extra work for him and if a Favre-led offense didn't work out, he wouldn't have the inexperienced, mediocre QB excuse to fall back on. I'm sure it's somewhat comforting to Turner that the expectations for the Bears offense are currently low, relatively speaking.

Please tell me when Turner has ever publicly blamed the offensive issue on havin an inexperienced, mediocre QB.

Peace :dabears

Please tell me when Turner has ever publicly blamed the offensive issue on havin an inexperienced, mediocre QB.

I don't mean out loud of course! At least I hope he's never said that, haha. It's something we do for him and I'm sure he does for himself. ...as he should, since having an inexperienced, mediocre QB is a legitimate point in justifying him as an OC. The more tools he's given, the more would be expected. I wasn't saying anything profound other than to point out that we can't forget that adding Favre would amp up the expectations on Turner in ways that he might not be entirely comfortable with.

I don't mean out loud of course! At least I hope he's never said that, haha. It's something we do for him and I'm sure he does for himself. ...as he should, since having an inexperienced, mediocre QB is a legitimate point in justifying him as an OC. The more tools he's given, the more would be expected. I wasn't saying anything profound other than to point out that we can't forget that adding Favre would amp up the expectations on Turner in ways that he might not be entirely comfortable with.

Understood.